Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing Higher LC Maths solo?

• 29-08-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right forum.
    Do any of the grinds colleges or PLCs run courses aimed at mature students who want to study for and sit Honours Maths for the Leaving? Just Hons Maths? Studied the subject to the end of fourth year and chickened out because a) I'd lost interest and b) it was too time-intensive. Of course, I may not have the ability but is there somewhere I can go and find this out?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I think you can do one subject only in the private aka grind schools, best to ring them though. I doubt there would be a plc course. You could always do it through grinds though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

You could nearly do it yourself if ya had the books exam papers revision books and extra mock papers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you looked at the possibility of night classes? Depending on where you are in the country, there should be some available and not at the exorbitant rates of grind schools.

Check your local VEC.

If you're in Dublin, Plunket College (.pdf file) in Whitehall do Higher Level Maths in a night class (Mon and Wed evenings).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

eoins23456 wrote: »
    You could nearly do it yourself if ya had the books exam papers revision books and extra mock papers
    No you couldn't. You definitely couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Thanks for all the replies. Spurious, I'll look into that Plunkett College course... I'm sure there's loads of other people in the same boat as me.
    Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

i did it last year but i was only out of school a year i suppose.

Advertisement