Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overgrown trees in a rented property

Options
  • 29-08-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all,

I live in a house that has a rented house beside it. Does anyone know if the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses)(Amendment) Act 2009 covers overgrown trees?

I paid a guy to top the rented property's trees along the dividing wall in the back garden last year but the landlord, having no issue with the work being done would not contribute to the cost of the work

The issue now is he has a very large tree in his front garden is just way too big for the size of the garden

Besides cutting off the overhanging branches and tossing them back in the garden.....what can I do???

Legislation....
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Legislation/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad,21710,en.pdf

Regards

Garvan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Garvan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I live in a house that has a rented house beside it. Does anyone know if the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses)(Amendment) Act 2009 covers overgrown trees?

I paid a guy to top the rented property's trees along the dividing wall in the back garden last year but the landlord, having no issue with the work being done would not contribute to the cost of the work

The issue now is he has a very large tree in his front garden is just way too big for the size of the garden

Besides cutting off the overhanging branches and tossing them back in the garden.....what can I do???

Legislation....
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Legislation/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad,21710,en.pdf

Regards

Garvan

If the tree was a danger to you, your property or others you might go the legal way...costly !! if its just blocking sun to your property then as you say besides the over hanging branches Not very much!!

approach the owner/landlord and ask if you can cut it down ... if it is a risk to the guttering/roof etc he may agree.. as to the cost...

Advertisement