Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Meter box

Options
  • 29-08-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, if i was goin to get a 2nd meter for my shed would it be ok to screw an outdoor meter box to a 6inch cavity block or would i need it solid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You cant use a standard meter box like that. Its either in the cavity, or use a IP55 rated cabinet and mount it flush to the wall. Once its more than 3mm thick, IP55 rated and non ferrous your ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

This is for a separate ESB Networks meter, or just check metering?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well I presumed for a new supply for my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The national code of practice should help you: http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/downloads/national_code_of_practice.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damob2000

Dardania wrote: »
    This is for a separate ESB Networks meter, or just check metering?

Yes it is a separate meter. Thanks for the replys. I got an esb approved outdoor box so now just waiting on electrician and esb to give me a price

• Advertisement
Advertisement