Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality butchers in Laois

Options
  • 29-08-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Like the title suggests, does anyone know of any genuine quality butchers in Laois. The meat in my local butchers is satisfactory but not amazing,

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rumby

Their is a butchers in Mountmellick called Dowlings. Very tasty meat that is full of flavour. They kill all their own animals and I know numerous local farmers who supply to them. Highly recommend you try it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I heard the Hogan Stand in Lyster Square is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 aoife24

I would be careful with the Hogan Stand, they were prosecuted by HSE. There is a good butchers in Portlaoise beside Extravision. (not sure about the name)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

It's called feighries, I go there and even though it is Expensive but i am always pleased with the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

rumby wrote: »
    Their is a butchers in Mountmellick called Dowlings. Very tasty meat that is full of flavour. They kill all their own animals and I know numerous local farmers who supply to them. Highly recommend you try it

tried this thanks for recommendation super

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

cribbins in the shopping centre i thought are always good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Try Alan Mitchells in Portarlington, very good meat, and always great service. he has a good range of sauces, and extra's too. He has a Thai girl working there who makes the most delicious Thai sauces for his stirfry mix!! I'd never go into the butchers further into the town though, the smell of the place as you pass it makes me gag, and the staff always seem to be ogling the local ladies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

This post has been deleted.

I agree that Fran has fine meat.....Pat Harding on dublin road in portlaoise accross from the church is also decent!

• Advertisement
Advertisement