Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New delivery only Chinese - Any good?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

got special thai spice outa ther last nite. top class. def gonna get it again

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

got the thai also...good food...really good food. all the best to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

johndoe99 wrote: »
    About a few of your sentences:

How are "they are "hiding" the fact that they are running the operation from a house" ?

You state that you "asked to collect the food but was refused that option", maybe because there's no facility for collecting and its a private address.

"a menu that does'nt have an address on it means bad things for me" em so Kilcohan Park is not an address.

You say you worked in catering for years, where ? and why did you leave ?

"Give me 10 mins and I'll knock some up in photoshop for anyone that wants them", legitimate catering certificates have raised golden emblems, i seriously doubt that photoshop can do them.

From reading your reply, it sounds as though you had a business and got closed and now your bitter.

You dont normally expect a take away to be run from a house is all.

I said they were hiding because there is no address to pick up your food from. Kilcohan park is indeed an address but I could drive around there all day long and not find them. If I was a health inspector I could'nt really surprise them with a visit could I?

I worked as a commis chef for 3yrs in a bar/restaurant doing 100-400 covers a day. I know the paperwork thats required and the refrigeration/storage/ventilation thats needed and I doubt a house kitchen could cope with that. Maybe they have indeed upgraded their house or converted a garage or whatever but I find it hard to believe.

I left that job because my hours were cut due to a downturn in business. I'm not bitter at all and it was'nt my business. I only worked there.

Maybe it is all above board and their food is good but I think its a bit strange is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

anyone know the name of this chef who has won all the awards ? I'm sure he won't mind been named if its to promote the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

They are on Just-eat.ie now,going to try them myself tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

south wrote: »
    i think its been done from a house

That sounds weird , how can you run a takeaway from a house with all the health and safety required these days and people living in the house too , plus only mobile phone numbers , could they not install a landline :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

What do people recommend , I dont know what to choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Ordered from Oriental tiger the other night... was super

would highly reccommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

yeah i have ordered a few times and thought it was nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Yeah we ordered over Facebook a week or two back.
    Fast delivery, food was quite nice but Id still rather the Canton or Jade.
    Would definately give them another go for a change though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 waterford1

tried it tonight food was unreal well worth a try !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Ordered a few times off them, food is always great , hot and they deliver fairly fast too. I would recommend them

Advertisement