Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orbea Aqua TRS - opinions ?

• 29-08-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Going back to cycling after spending the last 5 years doing distance running - marathons are taking their toll on my knees.

Looking for a good road bike - what do the seasoned people on here of the Orbea Aqua TSR which was recommended to me ?

I'm reading that the Shimano Sora set is ok, but that the 105 is the minimum that one should aim for - opinions ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have an Orbea Aqua with Ultegra and Fulcrums.
    Its grand, but thats about it really. I find its not a great bike to descend on versus my other bikes. I use it for commuting and training.

As I say, grand, nothing special. I bought it as a winter trainer, and it is fine for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

jrar wrote: »

Looking for a good road bike - what do the seasoned people on here of the Orbea Aqua TSR which was recommended to me ?

I'm reading that the Shimano Sora set is ok, but that the 105 is the minimum that one should aim for - opinions ??

No direct experience of Orbeas but people who have them seem to love them. Afaik the Aqua is the entry level so it 's gonna be that.

The bikes are made in the far east like most bikes nowadays but Orbea is a workers cooperative business in the Basque country.(Afaik) Might be nicer to see them get a few bob rather than a faceless multinational.

Sora works fine but its a bit clunky and agricutural with thumb shifters (Yeuch). Tiagra is grand.Works like the more expensive stuff but its 9 speed. I have the old shifters on a nine speed tourer because I loaned a friend my 9speed ultegras. I can't be bothered to swap em back-I discern no difference.
    105 is proper 10 speed stuff but you ain't going any faster because of it.:)

Advertisement