Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Product Bought On Amazon

Options
  • 29-08-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have a query regarding what my rights are here...

I purchased a WDtv media player from Amazon last November, it has recently started acting up in a big way. ie, not playing a lot of video files that it should be able to play, i have to restart it about 5 times to get something working a lot of the time for the last while. Quite annoying, I went to look at the returns policy on Amazon and i can't return it there apparently cos i've had it longer than 30 days. Should i be going through them or should i get onto Western Digital instead? i've had it less than a year so someone should be liable for it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Since you bought it from Amazon, then you should be dealing with them. However, it might be quicker and easier to deal directly with Western Digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I purchased a WDtv media player from Amazon last November, it has recently started acting up in a big way. ie, not playing a lot of video files that it should be able to play
    Does it not play files that it did play, or is it not playing the sound from some movies, or what? Don't mention titles, just their type (avi, mkv, etc). Also, have you updated the firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Had a problem with a WD hard drive bought through pixmania and tried to go through WD to sort it. I found it very difficult, as it was like dealing with a robot. Very automated responses to my e-mails and couldn't manage to reply to mails they sent to me.

Also, their form for logging the problem and requesting a replacement doesn't allow you to say you live in one country and bought it in another. It automatically defaults the address country to the country of purchase.

It frustrated me so much I lost interest in the end. Hope you have better luck.

Advertisement