Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open 24 TSB issue

Options
  • 29-08-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Opened an account a few weeks ago.

For arguments sake, I'm using fake numbers (obviously :p)

Anyways.

Opened account...lodged 100
    Made withdrawal...10...was then told on Open 24
    Account
    Balance (euro)

Available
    Balance (euro)

After lodging a small amonut back in, and then withdrawing an amount today, I just checked it, and the two figures aren't matching. Now reads something like this.
    Account
    Balance (euro)

Available
    Balance (euro)

Now, according to what dockets I have, the Account Balance figure is correct, but what is this all about, Available balance??? Why doesn't t say the same?

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Available balance could take into account any charges that will be due against the account.

Or it could be the balance after a transaction on a laser card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

so if i went into the bank tomorrow and asked to withdraw everything, would I be given the account balance or the available balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 karl116

This is the exact reason why I left TSB... they make things so complicated! Plus they were failing to pay my monthly car insurance standing order even though there were funds in the account... Almost had my damn insurance marked void cos of the feckers!

So I left... Boohoo... Very happy with my bank now, Ulster Bank, just for reference!

im with them because my brother works for them, so it was just all handy enough to setup and that sort of thing.

any ideas on my problem though? at least if i find out i'll know for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 22 karl116

Ring open24 and ask???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

Did you lodge a cheque?

The amount is noted but can take a few days for the cheque to clear

Trampas wrote: »
    Did you lodge a cheque?

The amount is noted but can take a few days for the cheque to clear

ah that must be it. so the amount is what i actually do have, available is yet to be updated.

;) thanks

Advertisement