Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people get cheap blank media?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Lads,

I've been trying to buy blank dvd-r's (I need verbatim or ritek for my purposes). I've been through various websites including play, amazon, ukdvdr bigpockets and I'm either getting that they don't deliver to Ireland or when Ireland is put in as the destination the shipping cost rockets. Where do lads get cheap dvd-r's with reasonable delivery charges these days. Nothing major stood out on ebay either when delivery charges were thrown in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

Personally I use Just Media. they're based in finglas and can do pick up if you like, their delivery is free when over €40 I think. I just like using them, quick delivery, decent quality stuff and its supporting Irish business.
    https://www.justmedia.ie/default.aspx

All the discs I've bought off them have been really good quality, they sell verbatim and Ritek discs too I think. In fairness I usually stock up on printer ink and disc's at the same time to get the free delivery.

As for Amazon, as far as I know when your delivery comes to over £25 you can get the free super saver delivery to Ireland, which is also usually pretty quick (last time i placed an order on friday, shipped on a saturday and was here by monday!)

and for bricks and mortar shop, you cant really go wrong with peats, they usually have decent brand recordable discs on special

and thats my 2 cents :)

...and I'm only after noticing you're based in cork, peats do delivery too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

richiek wrote: »
    Personally I use Just Media. they're based in finglas and can do pick up if you like, their delivery is free when over €40 I think. I just like using them, quick delivery, decent quality stuff and its supporting Irish business.
    https://www.justmedia.ie/default.aspx

All the discs I've bought off them have been really good quality, they sell verbatim and Ritek discs too I think. In fairness I usually stock up on printer ink and disc's at the same time to get the free delivery.

As for Amazon, as far as I know when your delivery comes to over £25 you can get the free super saver delivery to Ireland, which is also usually pretty quick (last time i placed an order on friday, shipped on a saturday and was here by monday!)

and for bricks and mortar shop, you cant really go wrong with peats, they usually have decent brand recordable discs on special

and thats my 2 cents :)

...and I'm only after noticing you're based in cork, peats do delivery too i think

Cheers - will check those out - amazon won't deliver discs here, they consider them electronics for some reason. Just media do the discs I want - will see if theres anything else I need that brings me over the free delivery threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

max burns terrific. gavin or dave will sort you out . in tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

hmv have 50 cdrs for 5 euros
    25 dvds for 5 euro to

Thanks lads. Few options then. Will check HMV as it's local - 25 for a fiver is good obviously depending on brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

ukdvdr.co.uk
    svp.co.uk

Used both before and both were fine.
    Cjeck shipping costs though might be dear or cheap depending on how may you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When ordering bulk, usually get them from http://www.discs.ie as I found that the Datawrite Yellow usually always gets seen by the xbox and PS2, for watching videos, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

the_syco wrote: »
    When ordering bulk, usually get them from http://www.discs.ie as I found that the Datawrite Yellow usually always gets seen by the xbox and PS2, for watching videos, etc.

+ 1 for discs.ie they are also based in Macroom so should be delivered quickly to OP.

spuddy01 wrote: »
    + 1 for discs.ie they are also based in Macroom so should be delivered quickly to OP.

Discs.ie it is I think. Going to drop them a line to see if pickup is possible as they are very close to me. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

Pound shop (or Euro2 as its now called). Get 5 blank CDs for 2 euro or 3 blank DVD - R for 2 euro. All perfect quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mammu

discs.ie was great,but currently there isnt pretty much left,i used to buy printer inks from discs and sometimes blank cds dvds,but now they dont have inks what i need and dvds which i liked..so https://www.justmedia.ie/ is useful,low prices and quality is good

Advertisement