Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First 100k spin!

• 29-08-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

I finally broke a 100k today on the bike. I did 120k altogether. My previous best was 85k so I'm very happy :D I have come a long way since I was out on a boards beginners spin last May. I did 65k that day and only managed that because Gasco kept with me and encouraged me. I'm doing a 300k charity cycle to Galway in two weeks which I'm now really looking forward to. It will be a good challenge!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Well done Wingman! Fair play and good luck with the 300!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Well done. What route did you take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I was home for the weekend so I'm not too sure if your familiar with the midlands?

Started in mullingar, kilbeggan, tullamore, Daingean, edenderry, carberry, moyvalley and then straight back to mullingar on the main road. From kinnegad to mullingar it was basically a sprint, doing 30k per hr. Had a roll in edenderry and a few nutrition bars along the way. I only realised today how important it is to take plenty of fluids and food while cycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

I finally broke a 100k today on the bike. I did 120k altogether. My previous best was 85k so I'm very happy :D I have come a long way since I was out on a boards beginners spin last May. I did 65k that day and only managed that because Gasco kept with me and encouraged me. I'm doing a 300k charity cycle to Galway in two weeks which I'm now really looking forward to. It will be a good challenge!

Fair play Wingman. No stopping you now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well done! It's always a great feeling when you break 100k for the first time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

congrats, i hit 55km at weekend 2nd week on the bike, hope push 75 nxt week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I was home for the weekend so I'm not too sure if your familiar with the midlands?

Started in mullingar, kilbeggan, tullamore, Daingean, edenderry, carberry, moyvalley and then straight back to mullingar on the main road. From kinnegad to mullingar it was basically a sprint, doing 30k per hr. Had a roll in edenderry and a few nutrition bars along the way. I only realised today how important it is to take plenty of fluids and food while cycling.
    `
    what kinda nutrition bars ya eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

`
    what kinda nutrition bars ya eat.

One was chocolate chip and the other one had cashew nuts in it. They were very nice I must say! I'll be going back to the health shop on grafton st to stock up after work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

One was chocolate chip and the other one had cashew nuts in it. They were very nice I must say! I'll be going back to the health shop on grafton st to stock up after work :)

Well done Wingman - for your shopping list: the "emergency" sweets that sustained you through that fateful 65k were cola power shots.
    Best of luck for the 300.

Advertisement