Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketplace type sites - is their ready built web software for this?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for advice or pointers on the availability of core software for marketplace type software. I'm not explaining this very well but as an example if you want to sell online there are numerous software appliactions like zencart,oscommerce etc that provide a core structure to build upon.

What I am looking to do though is set up a website which will allow members to list items for sale themselves, have the website process payments and then pay the vendors less comission. This is different than classifieds sites or ebay etc who leave the payment between buyer and seller. There are quite a few sites out there that do this but I'm wondering are these custom built sites or is their a base software available that a site could be built on.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Comments

Advertisement