Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im new here in dublin, i want to know the cheapest stores, can u help me?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi, im new here in dublin and im gonna stay here almost 1 year, i actually dont know the cheapest stores to buy food, vegetables, fruits, meat, and the comun things...

mm i want to know some places to buy winter clothes as well (cheap)?

and finally what bar do you recomend me?, i mean something not too expensive, because one day i went into a bar in templebar and it was very expesive...

another thing that you recomend me to do here in Dublin all this year...

im 19 and im just studing here (english).. im living in the city center
    i need to get a job as well (if u know any place)

thanks you so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

cheap winter clothes try pennys on o connell street.
    aldi and lidl are the cheapest supermarkets and you can find them in the city center.
    for pubs just try them out yourself :D just not in temple bar and you should find some cheap ones.
    jobs! good luck with the search but might be hard to find one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

TK Maxx in the St. Stephen's Green chopping centre can be good for winter clothes.

For food, like the other poster said, try Aldi and Lidl. Also getting to know your local Tesco can be good as they will discount foods close to expiration date at certain times of the day/week.

For bars, some places have offers on certain days, like Dicey's for example on Harcourt Street. This however you would need to explore yourself a bit cause as you'll soon find out, its not all about the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Dunnes Stores on Henry St and St Stephen's Green have good grocery stores down stairs. They usually have alot of special offers 2 for 1 etc!
    http://www.dunnesstores.ie/
    Also handy for picking up clothes!
    Arnott's has the bargin basement. Hit or miss but sometimes they have nice winter boots if you are lucky and have small feet :)
    http://www.arnotts.ie/content/Bargain%20Shop%20Offers/881

The Charity Shops are often worth a look as sometimes you can pick up a gem or 2 if you are lucky. There are plenty on Capel St and George's St/Wexford St.

There are plenty of cheap fashion stores on henry st and there is a branch of Millet's on mary St . they often have a bargin rail and have good offers with some outdoor clothing!
    http://www.millets.co.uk/home.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I recommend the pub called "The George" ,I'm sure there are others in here who agree with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Inbox wrote: »
    I recommend the pub called "The George" ,I'm sure there are others in here who agree with me :D
    OP - For your information The George is a gay bar.

Inbox - Don't be a dick. If you're not going to post something helpful - don't bother posting.

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

lidel aldi for food also there's bars about that only cost €3 a pint during the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The Asian markets are great for cheap giant bags of rice, nuts, spices, dried herbs and some fresh produce.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

any there have been loads of jobs posted in the sticky on this page "where are all the jobs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try guineys on talbot street for your clothes and shop in the euro shops (lower abbey street, talbot street, north earl street, georges street) for your toiletries

Advertisement