Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post in apartment buildings

Options
  • 29-08-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all, can anyone tell me how post service works in a block of appartments?

I know that access to appartments require a key into the complex by the owners of the appartments for safety issues. So can anyone tell me how An post deliver mail to appartments? Is it all put into one big post box or what?

Just need to deliver some items to a number of appartments tommorow as a favour.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

In ours, the postman rings the door of someone and they let him in. I presume it's someone he knows already. Then he distributes the post amongst the various letterboxes.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The managing agent usually gives the local sorting office a key to get access to the building, then the post man puts the letters in the individual postboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

In our apartment, the postman had a key for the downstairs door, and then there were postboxes in each apartment building on the groundfloor. The boxes were for letters only, any packages had to be left on top of the mailboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In our place, the postman has a key to access the development.

Couriers need to phone the person they are delivering to.

Advertisement