Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educate.ie - Low Cost Exam Papers

• 29-08-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

This website are selling all exam papers for 2.50 and are a new publisher, just wondering has anyone any experience of the quality of these, I know theyre new but still. All papers are obviously pretty standard but some of our teachers lean us towards follens or edco etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Em, have never heard of them but papers are papers. Unless they're only giving you less papers I wouldn't buy but €2.50 is a veeery good deal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

book_1271416749.pngbook_1271416980.pngbook_1271416830.png

Good price AND a very good idea to have a different picture on each of the papers. Folens and Edco are a disaster- having 7 sets of near identical books is not good. The amount of times my teachers heard 'Sorry miss I don't have my English papers, I thought these were them, but they're my French papers!'.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

looking through them, it appears most of them have 10/11 past papers in them. €2.50 seems very good with €5 P&P altogether so even better if you buy all of them together.
    dunno about the site though. it's only been set up since march :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The pictures are a good idea - all my exam papers looked the same, all red things in my locker. I was usually always late for class so I'd be rushing at the locker. Nothing worse than arriving in French class with your Geography papers. Always on the day we were doing tapework from the papers.

Don't mind the teachers leaning towards one paper or the other - I think it's quite unfair really, as some (e.g. Edco) cost more than others, and they are effectively the same. The page numbers are all different though which is annoying, but not really a big issue.

I'd say go for them at that price - an exam paper is an exam paper they are all going to be the same. The paper quality mightn't be the same, but that doesn't really matter - especially for papers that you don't actually write in (such as English or Maths, where the answering is done in the answerbook).

Bear on mind Edco might be better for some things as they have the e-xamit codes, but I found the e-xamit answers pretty crap at the best of times - marking schemes are usually better. I found some of the English e-xamit answers ok though, just as a guideline (as everybody studies different poems/texts/films).

Advertisement