Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harddrive repair.

• 29-08-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭

hi all

i'm technology challenged. i droped my WD external hard drive offa table a year bak. jus found it again. it turns on grand but when it begins whirring it makes three very audible ''chinks'' like a cluck of the mouth almost.. before it stops whirring. doesnt read it on computer.

can it be repaired to get the memory? i had just spent 5-6 hours organising my music and films into genres etc. the day before it broke.

is it expensive to get fixed...? the stuff on it is class took me ages to collect everything. i blocked it out afer it broke.

jak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,364 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

hi all

i'm technology challenged. i droped my WD external hard drive offa table a year bak. jus found it again. it turns on grand but when it begins whirring it makes three very audible ''chinks'' like a cluck of the mouth almost.. before it stops whirring. doesnt read it on computer.

can it be repaired to get the memory? i had just spent 5-6 hours organising my music and films into genres etc. the day before it broke.

is it expensive to get fixed...? the stuff on it is class took me ages to collect everything. i blocked it out afer it broke.

jak

recovery very expensive usually, had to get a data recovered from dead drive for a company and it cost over a grand

if you google "click of death" you'll find more info on things to try to bring a dead drive back

Advertisement