Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What is Pitman Training like?

• 29-08-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I heard it's very good, but I thought I'd come on here and ask some of you guys as you're always very blunt and honest.

Is the training good? And can you wear casual clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

I think it is good but you have to be willing to do the work yourself be self motivated to do it as it is totally up to you to do the course yourself. Another good thing is you can do as little or as much as you want each day or you don't have to go in everyday it's up to you. This can also be good if you have children or want to study and have a job as well.
    When you do the final exam at the end of each subject/module its totally up to you when you want to do it.
    If you don't understand something you can rewind it back again on the audio and listen again or the supevisor is there also to help.
    It is done all through audio which some people may not like as they perfer a more personal touch. I have no problem with it though.
    You can wear whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭City Boi

mary55 wrote: »
    I think it is good but you have to be willing to do the work yourself be self motivated to do it as it is totally up to you to do the course yourself. Another good thing is you can do as little or as much as you want each day or you don't have to go in everyday it's up to you. This can also be good if you have children or want to study and have a job as well.
    When you do the final exam at the end of each subject/module its totally up to you when you want to do it.
    If you don't understand something you can rewind it back again on the audio and listen again or the supevisor is there also to help.
    It is done all through audio which some people may not like as they perfer a more personal touch. I have no problem with it though.
    You can wear whatever you want.

Thanks, I just got back from holiday and started with Pitman today, it is exactly like you said.:)

I mostly just learned Word today, but what happens when I start studying for my diploma? Do I do that on audio too? Coz I saw a couple of people reading books whilst listening to audio.

Yes its all done by audio. I'm presuming your studying for your diploma now if you are doing Word. You usually get a book to use along with the audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭City Boi

mary55 wrote: »
    Yes its all done by audio. I'm presuming your studying for your diploma now if you are doing Word. You usually get a book to use along with the audio.

Thanks, when I said studying for diploma, I meant the stuff that comes after all the Word, Excel and stuff like that!

I'm studying Finance, so will that be learned on audio too?

Well I done basic bookkeeping and it was done on audio but i also got a book where I had to complete bookkeeping questions. I suppose ur course would be somthing like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement