Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd yr electives

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Im going into 2nd yr arts and on registeration used my full 30 credits in each semester for all my two majors worth of subjects. Which is what i want!

However electives registration is from tomorrow and people are telling me that I must choose 25credits+ one 5credit elective for each semester. I have to do electives? is this true?

Last year I only did 1 elective in one semester and none in the other so im thinking im grand as I am..

If anyone could shed any light on this i would really appreciate it! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You are doing arts right? Yes its fine. I take it you used your options to fill up the credits? Thats grand if you did, no need to worry about electives.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Cheers for replying Mardy bum,

Yes im doing arts, I have already picked 60credits worth of modules from my the subjects I am joint majoring in (politics and sociology) Just so im clear, is this okay? I dont have to pick any electives, its optional?

I just dont want to be screwed in the morning finding out i do have to do them and im left with the rubbish choices for electives!

-Buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Cheers for replying Mardy bum,

Yes im doing arts, I have already picked 60credits worth of modules from my the subjects I am joint majoring in (politics and sociology) Just so im clear, is this okay? I dont have to pick any electives, its optional?

I just dont want to be screwed in the morning finding out i do have to do them and im left with the rubbish choices for electives!

-Buttons

You can do in program electives (ie, stuff within the subjects you are already doing) or out of program electives. I had no electives last year, just science stuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

As long ss you've 25 credits in each subject for your joint major and the remaining 10 credits can be in either option or both. So yes you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Brillo thanks a mill guys! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement