Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out of a 3 contract?

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey Guys let me explain my situation.

So yesterday I managed to get out of my Meteor contract because basically I have sweet f*** all coverage, and they let me off without penalty. :cool:

But 3 months ago, my mum switched her contract from 02 to 3, or so she thought... and now she doesn't like her new 3 phone and thankfully for her sake shes moved back to her o2 contract phone, leaving me with her 3 contract and rather crappy phone. :mad:

My Dilemma is that I want to get out of the contract so that I can sign a new iPhone 4 contract with a bigger tariff (and the iPhone obviously :P).

Its not my fault that I have been left with this 3 contract. Because we cannot obviously have 3 concurrent contracts.

So is there any way that I can get out of the 3 contract early so that I can sign up to the iPhone contract? Or at the Very least have my tariff moved to the iPhone tariff and the iPhone 4 sold to me at cut price. Bearing in mind that I am in month 4 of a 12 month contract. :confused:

I spoke to the woman in the 3 shop who said that they didn't have the facilities inshop to do a move to an iPhone contract (wtfright?). And she said I would have to contact her friends in Waterford via MUMBAI to get an answer from the upgrades department. Unfortunately the clown in Waterford decided that it is impossible?!

I have heard that sometimes it is possible with 30 days notice that two parties can walk away from a contract without penalty. Would it be a logical assumption that if I likely did get a penalty that it would be the sum of the remaining months payments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

the penalty is the amount of months left on the contract...

though unless three is changing their T&C's which affect the current contract terms theres no way of getting out without the penalty

Advertisement