Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compressor pedals - Guitar

• 30-08-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Basically, going to get a compressor for my guitar, have a full pedalboard already, but kinda want/need/want a compressor... whats the best one out there? dynacomp? visual sound comp? boss? ....help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I use a marshall Ed-1 i like them

Dynacomp is cool, the keeley one gets great reviws, so does the carl martin one

Wouldn't get the boss one myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Check out the last link on this page. The guy who did it posts on TalkBass so it might be more bass-centric but it's very comprehensive.

Edit: Forgot to add, I have an EHX Soul Preacher myself which is nice but it doesn't have much control over compression settings (it only has a Vol and Sustain knobs, with a switch for type. It can also be noisy if you don't adjust the internal trim-pot. I also have a Dbx 166XL which is fantastic for the money but it's not exactly a pedal.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Keeley and MP Green Forest... trying to decide between them myself...

Hard to argue with THIS:

Though:

I think the MP FGC has more of a SOUND, where as the Keeley is more transparent... I'll prolly end up with a FGC

Though look:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

I wouldn't rule out the Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone. Great pedal and its tiny if you're pushed for space on your pedalboard. It's also relatively cheap compared to the others posted so far. And it has a grit knob to add a bit of drive/crunch. Look it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jimmy99

Mxr Dynacomp Best value.Mxr scrpt logo 76 vintage dynacomp pricey but very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement