Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subjects when repeating?

• 30-08-2010 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Im repeating my leaving this year, I plan on doing commerce in ucd next year.For the course you need English, Irish, Third language and at least b3 in ordinary level maths.This year I passed all the min requirements so does this mean I can drop English Irish and french And just carry on the grades next year?

I'm not sure what subjects to do this year anyone want to recommened subjects which the course can be done well in a year?
    So far I'm thinking
    Business
    Geography
    Biology
    Maths
    ?
    ?
    Still not 100percent sure on biology but it can stay for now.For the last two I'm thinking History maybe? Religion? Cant make my mind up.So any recommendations would be appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

you can carry on the requirements for your course but you cant carry on the points.

would it not be easier to keep on french/english/irish as you have already completed the course?

alot of people take up home ec for their repeat year.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Ag Science is a must IMO, especially if you'll be keeping Biology and Geography, although you would need a teacher for it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Im the same, Im gonna repeat:
    Irish
    English
    Home Ec
    Chemistry
    Biology
    ?

I'm thinking I'll do Ag Science as my 6th subject. Im repeating in the Institute so would it be foolish to only do the 6 subjects or should I do a 7th for safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damessyone

I went to the Institute last year and my friends who did Agscience all did well.So I was thinking about taking it up but I don't think the school I want to repeat in offers it as a subject.I never really thought about homeec I heard it was hard though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Repeat2011

Is it possible to do Ag-science n a year and get an A?! and when does the project have to be handed up?

oh and home ec is a hard course n f your goin to do it in one year it will require a lot of work and your food studies investigations should be started by now as they have to be handed up in october! but for me it was great for points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

Yea it's possible to get an A1 in Ag. Science for the year if you work at it. I know a few people who did it for a year and obtained an A1. I would suggest attempting Economics (if you're doing business because of the link), it's pretty easy and the exam paper is amazing (you have to do 4qs out of 8 and they're pretty predictable). Wouldn't advise history, way too long and drawn out, you'll die a slow and painful death if you do it :pac:

Also I think that if you get the grade requirements for this year and you do these subjects again the following year but you don't get the required grade this time, aren't you still allowed to use the pre-existing grade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Repeat2011

thanks, i think i'll take it up. i have hear that economics is good but i never done business before! do you know when did they hand up their projects last year and how long did it take them to complete them?

Advertisement