Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People running through gardens.

• 30-08-2010 4:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

What with people running through gardens early in the morning every day? I mean they jump the walls and go from garden to garden as if it was normal! Are they afraid of the path or something? They wake me up most mornings making noise jumping the walls.

I'm getting sick of it and am thinking of telling the guards. Either that or put some electrified trip wire down in my garden or dog crap.

In the janesboro area btw.

Also if the person who is doing this reads this thread, cop the hell on and use the perfectly good path outside the garden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

get an a really big dog and leave it out in the front

if you dont like dogs an alligator would also work. just put the alligator beside one of the walls. youll need to dig a watering hole for the alligator though and keep it well fed unless you have alot of people doing these morning olympic games then the gator will stock up food for itself.

also you may wanna get the gator fixed. the last thing you want is your gator getting pregnant or knocking up the other gators in the neighbourhood. also you may have to get it a muzzle for when you take it for walks. my advice is just pay a gator walker altogether. last thing you want is to spend an hour walking to the end of the block. the move pretty slow on the concrete roads. their feet are too small.

house training them will be difficult but with patience im sure youll manage. for further info on training your gator get in touch with your local vet.

just remember one thing. a gator is for life not just for christmas. they may look cute as baby gators but they grow pretty big. you wont be able to pick it up when it grows up.

just make sure its a gator and not a croc. last thing you want is an injury prone animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

it's more than likely the eastern europeans putting the collection stickers through your letterbox. they are such a nuisance and have no respect for the people whose houses they enter.

one of my terriers hears them coming in the gate in the morning and barks and this wakes me up. i have left notes on my letterbox for these people to stop putting these things in my letter box but no joy.

The gator would be a good idea though - must get me one of them. Hopefully it will get on with the dogs!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I run a small business selling those no Junk mail signs for your letterbox and they work brilliantly for everything else, though them collection stickers although not as bad as before I only get one every 3/4 weeks or so whereas in the past I was getting them 3/4 times each week!! But I'd say it is those guys as they do seem to hop walls and tramp over flower beds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    it's more than likely the eastern europeans putting the collection stickers through your letterbox. they are such a nuisance and have no respect for the people whose houses they enter.

one of my terriers hears them coming in the gate in the morning and barks and this wakes me up. i have left notes on my letterbox for these people to stop putting these things in my letter box but no joy.

The gator would be a good idea though - must get me one of them. Hopefully it will get on with the dogs!:p

Have you tried putting up the notice in several languages? Polish, latvian russian should cover it.
    Or perhaps a picture of a flyer in a big red circle with a nice red line through it?
    I too am annoyed by this rubbish that is put through my letterbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

They are the most annoying bunch of bas****. They come around my area at 5am and sometimes even earlier, and no matter how many times I've told them to stop as I wouldnt give them anything in the first place they ignore me...

Its about time a law was passed to stop them doing it until at least after 10am etc...Its a pure waste of paper, I get around 5aweek...

• Advertisement

Put a sign up Steveon. It should ease off for a while then, Agree 100% and the funny thing there not a registered charity they are a registered Company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

As I posted a few months ago, having them arrive 2-3 times a week.
    Usually around 5am, one of the mornings I am going to get up
    early and grab the feckers hand through the letterbox to give em a fright,
    maybe come out with a spot light and camera, have toyed with the idea of hiding
    in the garden in a ghillie suit and popping up and roaring at them
    that they were trespassing and scaring the be-jasus out of them
    as they aproached my front door.
    (although I would need to leave the grass grow a little higher to be able to hide
    in a garden without any bushes!)

The perverse side of me keeps all the stickers that
    comes in the door just to see how many I get
    The pic below is old so my collection has grown a lot larger since then:

Lately my girlfriend has been using the stickers to remove pet hair from
    clothes, or to pick up hair/dust etc from the carpet on the stairs, they
    are very effective.

This mornings sticker that came in the door caught me by surprise as it was about 7am and not 5.
    They have gone back to the black and red orphan ones.

Also before those stickers used to have a little waste permit collection number on them.
    They no longer bother putting one on it these days, and dont even bother even attempting
    to make a fake website for the bogus one that is displayed on the sticker.

~B
    stickers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

bullets wrote: »
    As I posted a few months ago, having them arrive 2-3 times a week.
    Usually around 5am, one of the mornings I am going to get up
    early and grab the feckers hand through the letterbox to give em a fright,
    maybe come out with a spot light and camera, have toyed with the idea of hiding
    in the garden in a ghillie suit and popping up and roaring at them
    that they were trespassing and scaring the be-jasus out of them
    as they aproached my front door.
    (although I would need to leave the grass grow a little higher to be able to hide
    in a garden without any bushes!)

The perverse side of me keeps all the stickers that
    comes in the door just to see how many I get
    The pic below is old so my collection has grown a lot larger since then:

Lately my girlfriend has been using the stickers to remove pet hair from
    clothes, or to pick up hair/dust etc from the carpet on the stairs, they
    are very effective.

This mornings sticker that came in the door caught me by surprise as it was about 7am and not 5.
    They have gone back to the black and red orphan ones.

Also before those stickers used to have a little waste permit collection number on them.
    They no longer bother putting one on it these days, and dont even bother even attempting
    to make a fake website for the bogus one that is displayed on the sticker.

~B
    stickers.jpg

That is one huge heap of stickers you got there bullets!

I say we just go and start a petition to stop the door to door flyers, its a waste of paper and is just plain rude.

Who is with me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its a joke in Westbury. Easily 9-10 flyers a week, at all times of the day and night.

+1 Sign up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭LB6

Have always re-cycled these things - but that's a great idea from your GF bullets - now they'll get to be re-used too. Saves me money on the ESB bill from hoovering the spaniel hairs off the car seats! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

lads there is only one way to stop them putting these stickers through your letter box.next time you get one fill a refuse bag half full of nappies or grass cuttings and leave it out for them to collect.
    they never check the bags when they collect them in the mornings.once they work out who keeps leaving them rubbish,they will stop calling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

lads there is only one way to stop them putting these stickers through your letter box.next time you get one fill a refuse bag half full of nappies or grass cuttings and leave it out for them to collect.
    they never check the bags when they collect them in the mornings.once they work out who keeps leaving them rubbish,they will stop calling.

great idea! how about a big bag of week old dirty nappies? yuk! it will make some space in my wheelie bin!

Good idea! I have allot of rubbish to get rid of this week as im moving house :)

God damnit it's just happened again!

he just jumped the walls and put his rubbish stickers into my porch waking me up in the process. I can see him run pass the window as I sleep downstairs but whenever I get to the door hes long gone.

It's ridiculous...

Do you think if a petition was started to cull this sort of stuff it would be entertained down at city hall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

A few months ago our bin men didn't come for a couple of weeks so the wheelie bin was full. I put a black bin bag full of rubbish outside the front door beside the wheelie bin - this is beside our front door behind a closed gate.

Went to work, came back and the bin bag was gone. I thought it may have be one of the collection lot but I hadn't put a sticker or anything on it. 2 days later I got back from work in the evening and the bin bag was outside the front gate with a note pinned to it asking me (in poor English) not to leave rubbish for charity collection in the future!

They still keep putting the bloody stickers through my letter box though...

Advertisement