Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives Registration! YAWN....tired

Options
  • 30-08-2010 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Okay, so I am up since 5.45, and still waiting for Electives to open - how frustrating!!
    Is it open for anyone else? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The_Mermaid

Haha, we're on the same mindset!
    I am up since 6am..No luck yet.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Haha, we're on the same mindset!
    I am up since 6am..No luck yet.. :(

JOKE isnt it?!?!?! they really should issue a time - even a feckin approximate one!!:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I woke up at 5 to check :(
    This horrible waiting game really motivates you for September....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I'm in Bangkok airport trying to get onto electives it's so frustrating! With the time difference ice been up for hours I just wanna get it over with!
    Typical ucd!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

5.45 is a bit optimistic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

There I was thinking it was 7am. Maybe its 8am?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

I'm in Bangkok airport trying to get onto electives it's so frustrating! With the time difference ice been up for hours I just wanna get it over with!
    Typical ucd!!!

eww that sucks.... although nice being in Thailand !!! jealous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

God, even after 3 years of experiencing the sucky organisation and admin at UCD this is incredibly frustrating...

ironclaw wrote: »
    There I was thinking it was 7am. Maybe its 8am?

When I was registering for my cores and options 2 weeks ago I thought 08:00 would be plenty of time... I logged on to find all the good ones taken; my classmates got in at 07:00.

NOT THIS TIME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I forgot about elective registration. Good thing I ruined my sleep cycle.

• Advertisement

I assumed they'd open it on the hour, but if it gets much later I have to go to work...Ugh.

It's open season, boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Done!

Verified nerd

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I can't think of a second one for semester 2. Stupid timetable clashes.

Quick question, is there a reason I couldn't register for these under the Core/Options tab and had to use the electives tab? I remember being able to choose another option in the Cores/Options tab last year. Maybe my memory is faulty or I've missed something.

I did the very boring thing and chose modules related to my degree. One in my options and the other in Science overall despite seeming like something that I should be doing in-programme.

I bet they'll end up being really hard and I'll start feeling regretful come exam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Can I do a level 1 module even if I'm going into second year?

ColmDawson wrote: »
    AFAIK you should be able to as long as you didn't do it in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ColmDawson wrote: »

Yes but there are only a certain amount of level 1 subjects you can do overall - can't remember what the number is. It is more than 4 though - so if even if you did 4 electives last year you are ok for this semester at least.

Don't think I am explaining that very well sorry.

So glad that's done! I just hope I get the "provisional" ones...Any idea how that's selected? Time of registration or just random draw??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yes but there are only a certain amount of level 1 subjects you can do overall - can't remember what the number is. It is more than 4 though - so if even if you did 4 electives last year you are ok for this semester at least.

Don't think I am explaining that very well sorry.

Thats pretty much it explained. You have to do a certain amount of level subjects to get your degree.

So glad that's done! I just hope I get the "provisional" ones...Any idea how that's selected? Time of registration or just random draw??

Mostly a random draw if there are more people than places. If they can accommodate the extra (Say 10 more than places they have) they'll offer it to everyone. If 1000 more people want it, its random. I think thats how its done anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

This is a load of balls. Firstly, my cores modules for my joint major clash, meaning in 3rd year I've been forced to change to a major/minor
    Now, my bloody elective choices are clashing with my other modules. So ridiculously frustrated and just about ready to wash my hands on ucd to be honest. Absoloute joke.

Rant over. Just about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

This is a load of balls. Firstly, my cores modules for my joint major clash, meaning in 3rd year I've been forced to change to a major/minor
    Now, my bloody elective choices are clashing with my other modules. So ridiculously frustrated and just about ready to wash my hands on ucd to be honest.

Jesus that is horrendous. Hope it works out.

Now, my bloody elective choices are clashing with my other modules. So ridiculously frustrated and just about ready to wash my hands on ucd to be honest. Absoloute joke.

Rant over. Just about

No Way!
    Did they rearrange the subject groupings since you joined? I had issues with clashing too, but thankfully I was just about able to sort it.
    What really frustrates me is that I had ideas of what electives I wanted from the course search, only to find they're not even listed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Keeps saying "Online Module Registration is currently busy, log out and try again later."

And am I surprised?... No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Keeps saying "Online Module Registration is currently busy, log out and try again later."

Same here, i can't believe everyone got up so early! I'm going to end up with an elective in toilet cleaning *cry*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its grand though, its not like any electives will be full by the time I am allowed to register for them. Oh wait...

Just out of interest, what electives is everyone hoping for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Just-A-Phase

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Oh good, I was beginning to think I was the only one getting that message! Its so frustrating...who knows what I'll end up being able to pick at this rate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

did anyone get in quickly after "currently busy" appeared? i need to be in work in 30 mins and have no web access there!

Advertisement