Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives Registration! YAWN....tired

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 b1788

did you find your lost module tab?

are 1st years on today choosing?i can see how that would make this slower..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

b1788 wrote: »
    did you find your lost module tab?

are 1st years on today choosing?i can see how that would make this slower..
    Yes it came back, I thought UCD may have just taken down the whole system.

AFAIK everyone is choosing today, this will have to change next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

If I ever meet Philip Nolan I'ma kick him in the big fat head

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Is there any advantage to registering for your electives now? If I remember correctly from last year if it's oversubscribed it's just random selection with no preference to who signed up first - maybe this is why they leave everyone to register on the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Does it matter that we can't log in this morning though as the electives are done by lottery?

• Advertisement

Offside wrote: »
    Is there any advantage to registering for your electives now? If I remember correctly from last year if it's oversubscribed it's just random selection with no preference to who signed up first - maybe this is why they leave everyone to register on the same day?
    I think it's only random selection once the module subscription has reached a certain number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Every different module I go into says: You are not allowed to register for any surplus credit until 11-SEP-10

Does that mean I can't do any electives? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Hmm..Geography is my major, so I took this class last year. It is really interesting and the lecturer is absolutely incredible. However, there is quite a scientific element to it, so you should probably be more conscious of that than the geography aspect. I think you'll be fine, but attend classes and his tests are usually online/at home, so they're a nice break from the usual.
    My tip would be to always have the blackboard lecture notes at the lecture because he'll give extra notes and also, be early for class because he gives out weather maps that come up in the exam and usually feature in the class so you'd be a bit lost without them.
    Ok thanks very much helps put me at ease.

Every different module I go into says: You are not allowed to register for any surplus credit until 11-SEP-10

Never mind. Just dropped a Politics option module to free up some space for an elective!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

It means you have already chosen 60 credits worth of modules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gunnlaug

It means you have already chosen 60 credits worth of modules.

I have the same issue but one of my 60 credits worth of modules is a repeat from last year. Does this mean I have to do 65 credits next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

If you have to do a repeat the credits count as last years credits so you will be doing 65 credits worth of modules but only 60 should count for this year.

So you should still have to take 2 electives as well as your repeat

Are people getting in yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Are elective registration still only provisional until the lottery occurs?

alan4cult wrote: »
    Are people getting in yet?

Yup. Just registered for some Spanish module :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gunnlaug

If you have to do a repeat the credits count as last years credits so you will be doing 65 credits worth of modules but only 60 should count for this year.

So you should still have to take 2 electives as well as your repeat

Thanks for that, thats what I thought. It just doesn't seem to let me register for anything else, perhaps I need to pay the fees for the repeat first.

How'd you get in, just keep refreshing or relogging in?

alan4cult wrote: »
    How'd you get in, just keep refreshing or relogging in?

Just kept clicking the module registration button and randomly, it just went in.

Finally...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just registered there . . . the registration is still only provisional so no rush - seems like a lottery will occur if the module you are registered to is over registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

After half an hour of waiting I got in just to see 'Phase 2 not available'. It still expects me to pay tuition fees, even though I'm an Irish citizen. I should go in today and give out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I'm going into first year this year... just curious... do you need to pay your fees before you can register for any modules?

nearly 2 hours...something must be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

YouthNovel wrote: »
    I'm going into first year this year... just curious... do you need to pay your fees before you can register for any modules?

No you dont have to pay your fees before you can register :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Philip is now on my list. Happy little cúnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This elective registration is annoying me. Is there any change that a hundred people on here would mind logging out of sis web so I can pick my electives? :)
    Online Registration is Currently Busy
    Please logout and try again shortly.

Ahhhhhh!!!:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Finally got in after 3 hours of refreshing (get a better server UCD, ya cheap stingy bastards)! I've provisionally got beginners Italian and phonetics. Is it 10th of September we find out if we get them?

ive one confirmed but was thinking of changing to childrens lit. anyone know if can get a good mark from lit?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yeah it's easy as pie to get a good mark in children's lit. You do one essay for 20%, another for 70% and the last 10% is for turning up and having a nice chat about Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland.The essay titles are very accessible too. Would definitely recommend!

• Advertisement

thanks souns good, might wait for a bit to choose as think it might only be provisional and really dont want to give up the confirmed choice yet!elective registration is rough!

Advertisement