Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives Registration! YAWN....tired

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Did anyone do international history 1914-1991? Is it hard? And urban design? I choose those 2 subjects but I'm not sure about them :).
    It took me ageeeeees to get registered to them >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I'm sorry but i'd love to slap whoever is employing the people in the science program office..

first time i got through i told them my problem, they said they'd call back.. no call back.

2nd time... after trying for half an hour, i finally get through, i tell them my problem and im told hold on the line and ill put you through to someone..

no answer.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Keeps saying "Online Module Registration is currently busy, log out and try again later."

And am I surprised?... No.

But there is no need to be up early for the majority of electives, the don't get "full" like options. When they are over subscribed it is a random lottery to see who gets the places. It doesn't matter if you were up at 5am or selected them at 8 tonight.

The people getting up early and rushing to register is why they don't give a time and it is why the system crashes. If people were more relaxed, it would not get so busy.

People are getting their knickers in a twist over very little. It is only in-programme electives that will need to be selected quickly.
    alan4cult wrote: »
    Yes it came back, I thought UCD may have just taken down the whole system.

AFAIK everyone is choosing today, this will have to change next year.

First years are on Thursday. The problem is everybody else rushing to do it early in the morning for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The_Mermaid

b1788 wrote: »
    did you find your lost module tab?

are 1st years on today choosing?i can see how that would make this slower..

No, first years don't register until the second. That's why level 1 electives are provisional. They check to see how many Stage 1 students register to the course etc. They get first dibs on the places.

Advertisement