Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creaky Floorboards

Options
  • 30-08-2010 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Does anyone else have seriously creaky floorboards upstairs in Charlesland?
    I think I've only noticed since the baby arrived but its impossible to move about without the place creaking loudly!
    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Is it a matter of getting a hammer and some nails to it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

If you have carpet do you have underlay! We do on the landing and there are no noises however in the bedroom with no underlay it is creaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

FirstIn wrote: »
    If you have carpet do you have underlay! We do on the landing and there are no noises however in the bedroom with no underlay it is creaky.

Same here but we have underlay in the bedrooms - I believe the joists aren't laid level and when the floorboards were laid, they were shot driven, a handful not fully fixing down the boards, a handful missing joists.

The best economical way to deal with it will be to screw them down. The best way is to replace the floorboards with a plyboard. We have WPB plyboard in the attic, and you bearly hear anything going on up there ;) thats what results from good materials and good workmanship!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

FirstIn wrote: »
    If you have carpet do you have underlay!

Speedy Gonzales keeps banging on about that stuff

sorry

Advertisement