Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have a Boards Nemesis?

• 30-08-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭

I have.....

Got a few abusive PM's from him.....didn't like my quickfire insults and witty retorts to his posts/threads in After Hours.

He started trolling my posts in other forums....random crazy posts maybe 4 months after i'd last posted something!!

Do you have a boards nemesis....do you??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

mfceiling wrote: »

Got a few abusive PM's from him.....didn't like my quickfire insults and witty retorts to his posts/threads in After Hours.
    Examples or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is it me ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not yet.....but give it time!!!

Is this a thinly veiled "I'm a witty and funny poster" thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OP, you can report abusive PMs in the same way as reporting posts. Only Admins can see them.

I had a boards nemesis, but I banned him permanently from AH and that was that dick sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I dont like this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Terry wrote: »
    OP, you can report abusive PMs in the same way as reporting posts. Only Admins can see them.

I had a boards nemesis, but I banned him permanently from AH and that was that dick sorted.

I did terry....it was funny because i wasn't sure what to do so i PM'd a senior mod....he sent me back a PM with the lads username on it...i hadn't even told him who it was!! I didn't know mods had superhuman powers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Was Degsy for a while, but he seems to have mellowed out a bit. We never got to the poitn of abusive PMs though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I suppose mine is Gandalf for obvious reasons :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, I had for a while.
    One who said he knew me, knew who I was, what I did and even said he was in my home at one stage.
    So I asked him for details, like how many children I have, describe my inner home, etc
    ...and he made a complete balls of it. Everything totally wrong.
    Complete nut job.

I reversed the situation. I did my own research, found out who he was, what he drives, what he attends and even down to what beach he likes to walk on.
    Told him to give it a rest by email (which must have been a shock to him). Thankfully not heard from him since (lucky for him) though I suspect he's now changed his sign-in name.

I did terry....it was funny because i wasn't sure what to do so i PM'd a senior mod....he sent me back a PM with the lads username on it...i hadn't even told him who it was!! I didn't know mods had superhuman powers!!
    It's not that difficult to find out.
    All someone would have to do is...

Sorry. I can't reveal the secrets. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know a fair bit about the lad that was doing it, from reading through old posts but to be honest a pimply 26 year old from blanch who rides about on a bike hardly warrants drastic action from me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup i've got a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Why would I have a nemesis on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Not that I am aware of but I have noticed a few sly digs here and there from a couple of posters, for whatever their reasons. One I can understand I guess as I have made no secret on an issue I have about them, however I have never been petty toward them. The other is just a bit of a dick. Can't get on with everyone I guess, not going to lose anymore sleep over it. The Samaritans said I should move on and not take it to heart. I will never put anyone on ignore though, don't see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'd love to have a nemesis but it sounds like it would be too much emotional investment on my part.

I don't think I could be bothered getting into arguments with keyboard warriors to be honest!

For those who get wound up on Internet forums/boards/chat sites they obviously need to spend more time on Redtube to relieve the 'stress'!

What is worrying - and I mean this about stalkers in general (and I've had two in real life) is that as a parent, I'm thinking of my kids and any possible harm coming to them by association, etc.
    Probably very remote to be sure but again, as a parent, these things do enter your head. I'd be lying if I said they didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Biggins wrote: »
    What is worrying - and I mean this about stalkers in general (and I've had two in real life) is that as a parent, I'm thinking of my kids and any possible harm coming to them by association, etc.
    Probably very remote to be sure but again, as a parent, these things do enter your head. I'd be lying if I said they didn't.

Won't somebody think of the children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »
    I don't think I could be bothered getting into arguments with keyboard warriors to be honest!

For those who get wound up on Internet forums/boards/chat sites they obviously need to spend more time on Redtube to relieve the 'stress'!

Ah its funny when you get a big long pm from some tool trying to pick up the fight again. I always picture them typing like a loon and foaming at the mouth.

Replying with a simple "haha" makes drives them crazy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, I had a few, in a way, though they didn't act quite like a nemesis. One has stopped posting on boards (at least under that username) the other has reduced his posting to almost nothing. Not really sure what their problem was with me in the first place though.
    WindSock wrote: »
    I will never put anyone on ignore though, don't see the point.

Putting people on ignore only makes things worse! You see a little link instead of their posts, so you actually end up paying more attention to them not less.

Sometimes, you even end up quoting them. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nope, in "real life" I know one other person on boards and their username.

Don't realy get involved in arguments or strong debates here, no enemies or ever get abusive PM's.

But yeah, I can think of one poster who is a one trick pony and posts the same nonsense on every thread, annoys me just reading it.
    Politics forum gets very heated at times, I do more reading then posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam, I want a nemesis!

Kiera wrote: »
    Ah its funny when you get a big long pm from some tool trying to pick up the fight again. I always picture them typing like a loon and foaming at the mouth.

Replying with a simple "haha" makes drives them crazy :D

I've had it on a couple of Horse Racing forums would you believe, one guy told me he was gonna hunt me down and kill me even tho he's so thick he couldn't find his arse with both hands....when the rant is over I just replied saying, "Thanks very much"....a nice :D at the end of it always works too! Agree about the typing and foaming but don't forget the big beetroot face too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

phill106 wrote: »
    Dam, I want a nemesis!

I'm free, so will you start or shall I. :)

phill106 wrote: »
    Dam, I want a nemesis!

Same here.

Lets be each others.

Trekmad wrote: »

Damn you. Now I've got none. Wait, I'll be your nemesis.

It never went to abusive PMs but I used to have big issue with Terry, then Biggins nd then this other guy I can't remember right now..
    After a while though, I realised I was the one being a dickhead.. so I changed my ways and now i'm the soundest person on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I have a boards Nemesis his name is J2D2....he follows me everywhere from the inter web websites to boards threads to real life home! :eek: *

*goes and hides in cupboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Same here.

Lets be each others.

PM sent*

*No not really

...now i'm the soundest person on here.

Aaa... give us a kiss, ya big luv! :p

;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Harry Potter has Voldemort.
    Luke Skywalker has DarthVader.
    Batman has the Joker.

now look what having a nemesis does to them....

Never been laid....
    Can't jack off....
    Has an embarrassing rant on youtube...

Think I'll pass on having a nemesis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Trekmad wrote: »
    Same here.

Lets be each others.

We can do a circle nemesis thing! I call him a a trekkie, he can call you a boney arse bog man, and you can call me sir......

It never went to abusive PMs but I used to have big issue with Terry, then Biggins nd then this other guy I can't remember right now..
    After a while though, I realised I was the one being a dickhead.. so I changed my ways and now i'm the soundest person on here.

Awwww I love those stories, surely there's a film here to be made.....:p

kfallon wrote: »
    Awwww I love those stories, surely there's a film here to be made.....:p

Ah I sold the rights ages ago.. They adapted the story and turned it into Brokeback Mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Sometimes, you even end up quoting them. :cool:

Abusive PM sent :mad:
    Ehh, to myself because I can't send it to you :confused:
    PM reported :cool:
    Aw wait :(

Another smiley needed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have.....

He started trolling my posts in other forums....random crazy posts maybe 4 months after i'd last posted something!!

Do you have a boards nemesis....do you??

Report the abusive pms, any idiot who does that deserved the temp site ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Not sure if I technically have a nemesis, but there are a few people I've exchanged "harsh" words with I suppose and they probably strongly dislike me. Got a series of strange messages from one individual once but like Kiera suggested replying with a "haha" or not at all generally does the job nicely.

There is one person I'd love to put on ignore because her posts are meaningless and she drives me around the bend. But like someone else has already said, chances are I'd end up paying even more attention to her if I did.

To be fair, It was probably 50/50. I'm not the easiest person to get along with,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I had one before. We used be in a bit of competition over who would respond first on a thread (at least I was in competition....)
    Eventually she stepped over the mark, the people got sick of her and she left. Whoop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yes, I had for a while.
    One who said he knew me, knew who I was, what I did and even said he was in my home at one stage.
    So I asked him for details, like how many children I have, describe my inner home, etc
    ...and he made a complete balls of it. Everything totally wrong.
    Complete nut job.

I reversed the situation. I did my own research, found out who he was, what he drives, what he attends and even down to what beach he likes to walk on.
    Told him to give it a rest by email (which must have been a shock to him). Thankfully not heard from him since (lucky for him) though I suspect he's now changed his sign-in name.

Sounds like stalkers have more to fear from you than you do from them!

Note to self: Stop stalking Biggins:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Sure if ya took the "mildly touched, high, jealous, slightly unstable and semi psychotic people" out of Boards there would be no one left to feed the hamsters.

This place having a few nutters, is what makes it!

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    To be fair, It was probably 50/50. I'm not the easiest person to get along with,
    The wife says I can be a pain in the ass too so maybe I can't disagree with her.
    (Otherwise she would kill me!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No nemises, nothing but friendly PMs, but there are a few posters here whose every single view seems diametrically opposed to what I believe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can't say I have. I've argued with loadsa people but every thread is different and you can't agree on everything. But no, I haven't had anyone abuse me by PM or the like thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

themadchef wrote: »
    Sure if ya took the "mildly touched, high, jealous, slightly unstable and semi psychotic people" out of Boards there would be no one left to feed the hamsters.

Somehow, I'd get by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

some people I argue wtih a lot, but no nemesis
    hope I don't get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Yes.

You know who you are!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Is this thread a metaphor for people who are married ? :pac:

The wife says I can be a pain in the ass too so maybe I can't disagree with her.
    (Otherwise she would kill me!) :D

Get your finger out of there :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whats the plural of nemesis? Thats what I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I have one in the investment and markets forum. He went phyco at me for tippin BP as a share to buy when it was under 300p. Waved his morals flag and all that sheeite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement