Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have a Boards Nemesis?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kfallon wrote: »
    Get your finger out of there :eek:
    Who said it was my finger! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Biggins wrote: »
    Who said it was my finger! :o

The finger always goes first....like its on a 'Fact Finding' mission ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Bambi wrote: »
    Whats the plural of nemesis?

After Hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I had one f*cktard who had it in for me. I replied to a thread giving advice to an OP who had asked for exactly that, advice. From my first post this guy started making digs about my post, questioning my judgement and basically saying I hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

The OP had asked something in relation to business, websites, etc, and long story short the attack on me from this other fella spiralled within hours into him telling me he had bought a website name that I was considering, just to spite me and to teach me a lesson and was going to sell it to the highest bidder or he'd be nice and sell it to me if I apologised :eek:

He then started PM'ing me basically telling me he had done me a favour and was teaching me a lesson....weirdo. Turned out he had gone to the bother of making a fake domain name registration page and posted it to the thread, who has that much time on their hands to annoy a stranger on the internet??

I have to say though, the amount of PM's I got from other boardsies quoting domain registration law which I could use had he actually bought it, very helpful peeps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Trolls are my nemesis.

They piss me right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Trolls are my nemesis.

They piss me right off.

Are you a billy goat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bambi wrote: »
    Whats the plural of nemesis? Thats what I have.
    Nemeses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There's been a few people down the line who I don't get on with, or that I know dislike me, or me them. It's never went further than little (or not so little) digs online but never to PM or anything like that. That route would never occur to me, tbh. In fairness, I can be quick enough to slice into people that irritate me so about 80-percent of the time, it's been been six of one and half-a-dozen of the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't have a nemesis.

I really should change my name to Raymond because everybody loves me like the guy on that popular television play.

I'm also an unfunny prick like the guy on that popular television play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

One semi-troll (sometimes his posts are normal) who followed me around different forums and posted on threads I'd commented on weeks before. I did the same to him for about a day until I realised how pathetic and sad I was being...and stopped ;). I can't even remember what started it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm also an unfunny prick like the guy on that popular television play.

Pretty harsh but you know what they say; you're your own worst nemesis.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Pretty harsh but you know what they say; you're your own worst nemesis.

So I do have a nemesis!

Hmmmmmm...... I'll make him rue the day he was born.

Rue it I tells you.

RUE IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ruu is your nemesis?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Don't have one as far as I know.
    I guess I'm just too nice and non-argumentative for anyone to hate me.
    Oooooor I just rarely weigh in with any comment more substantial than dirty jokes and the occasional subtle poster insult so nobody bothers to argue with me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

I only have temporary nemeses; for the duration of a thread.

I normally forget who I've even been arguing with after.

I've never gotten an abusive pm or been persistently trolled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Nah, there are a few people who when I see them begin to post I think to myself "Ah here is this tool on the wind up yet again", but I wouldn't bother engaging with them. I think it would say a lot more about you rather than them if you get sucked in so many times to the point where you find that you have a "nemesis" on the internet.

At the more "serious" end: one total bunnyboiler, along with her whipped boyfriend. Fairly vicious individual and is well known - I'm certainly not the only person who's been on the receiving end of her venom.
    But yeah, ignoring her PMs (PMS heh :pac:) or just replying to her on-thread barbs with one deadpan line is so much more effective than arguing back, which I used to stupidly do. :o
    A couple of guys on AH voice the fact they've a problem with me every so often - I just ignore them or thank them. And report if it gets too personal (e.g. alluding to the fact I should be killed :eek:).

scallywags wrote: »
    yeah anooboy and demonspawn, tone down on the right wing agenda. we wouldnt want to see the many suicidal turn into kamikaze jobs like in the us. we have a nice balance here

Yeah I am getting a bit too right wing I suppose.

(Feckin' gays!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

No,i don't think so. There are people i don't get on with alright, but it's never got to the abusive stage. Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    A couple of guys on AH voice the fact they've a problem with me every so often

Seriously?.. I'd say your one of the most honest & straight people using boards, maybe that winds some idiots up.

I had one guy found out a lot about me and posted the information on another forum for his bud's to stalk me from there. But he didn't know I'd been given a heads up on the situation - a few PM's were exchanged, like "hey listen, I'm out walking the dogs shortly. Fancy hooking up" (we lived int he same area)..

I'd a few words with him, and we're actually mates now!.

I'd another thick fucker from Carlow used to take cheap shots at me all the time. Don't know where he's gone to, but its a small world & I'm sure we'll cross paths IRL... Allah Akbar :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'd another thick fucker from Carlow used to take cheap shots at me all the time. Don't know where he's gone to, but its a small world & I'm sure we'll cross paths IRL... Allah Akbar :pac:

Ritchie Kavanagh's playing in Dublin shortly, so you might get your shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Kensutz is/was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah one or two. One is pretty funny, threatening to 'open me up like a bag of walkers crisps' because I gave him a one week ban from Soccer.

There are certainly some totally nasty kunts drawn to Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I've felt a strong hatred for those people who heaped upon me noob-scorn when I was a noob. I've partially gotten over it now... :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah one or two. One is pretty funny, threatening to 'open me up like a bag of walkers crisps' because I gave him a one week ban from Soccer.

Somebody has been watching a little too much Football Factory I think. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers probably, though I don't think she knows I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I don't think I have any although some people may see me as their one.

Saying that, there is one low level troll in particular that I am keeping an eye on.

Saying that, there is one low level troll in particular that I am keeping an eye on.

Uh oh, sounds like I'm being watched :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I don't think I have any although some people may see me as their one.

Is it cos I is black?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jazzy!

But then again his face is everyones nemesis, yeah that's right, I went there, bring it Jizzy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

A couple of guys on AH voice the fact they've a problem with me every so often - I just ignore them or thank them. And report if it gets too personal (e.g. alluding to the fact I should be killed :eek:).

I don't like the way you come across in your posts, but it is only natural that one will occasionally encounter posters which one finds distasteful on a forum with as many users such as this. Of course I wouldn't want to like everybody, that would be rather boring.

I don't like everyone I work with
    I don't like everyone who drinks in my local
    I don't like everyone in my extended family
    I don't like everyone who frequents my local bookies
    I don't like everyone who I share public transport with

Why would Boards be any different? Having said that I've yet to have a serious run-in with anyone on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

At the more "serious" end: one total bunnyboiler, along with her whipped boyfriend. Fairly vicious individual and is well known - I'm certainly not the only person who's been on the receiving end of her venom.
    But yeah, ignoring her PMs (PMS heh :pac:) or just replying to her on-thread barbs with one deadpan line is so much more effective than arguing back, which I used to stupidly do. :o

Wow, that's harsh. I have always found you to be quite pleasant. I do like most posters though, even the unfunny ones, they are funny in their own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

No nemesis, certainly not one that follows me or sends abusive pm's anyway. There are a few people I seldom agree with or laugh at anything they post but that's par for the course mixing with a large group.

For the most part I can disagree with everything someone posts in one thread and think they are a bit of a moron and in another thread we'll be on the same side and I'll be thanking their posts - so little point in getting knickers in a twist over the disagreements and writing a poster off because of them. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The original Max Power for stealing my name :mad:

Also, max power89 for imitating my name :mad:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I despise a couple of posters on here but have given up trying to pull them up on the utter drivel they post. Only ends up in infactions.

*returns to zen like calm*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I have had and still have a few nemises here on Boards. God I'd be highly entertained if I met them in the real world. Bítch slaps for all ;) I have met a few from boards and they are the coolest ever! :D Never been to a beers though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Candy19 grrrrrr lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

amacachi wrote: »
    phasers probably, though I don't think she knows I know.
    This guy.

Admit it, this thread is stuffed to the gills with faux-diplomacy. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Biko and Biggins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Kinda but won't say who. Have been considering either getting off this and deleting my account or changing my username or something cause of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

One or two people may think they're my nemesis but, no, not really, I don't have time for that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

All my nemeses are banned.
    Or untouchable.
    But mostly banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think you all have lovely bottoms.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There should be an 'add poster as nemesis' button so people could officially hook up as sworn lifelong enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

nemeses

I doubt you did latin, so I can only assume you learned that from Mystery Men too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

All my nemeses are banned.
    Or untouchable.
    But mostly banned.

we take all your base.

• Advertisement
Advertisement