Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have a Boards Nemesis?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is there not an ignore button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

There should be an 'add poster as nemesis' button so people could officially hook up as sworn lifelong enemies.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

All my nemeses are banned.
    Or untouchable.
    But mostly banned.

Like the long term unemployed, in the Indian sense of the word?

Bam. A few more nemeses right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have been on here for a few years with this name and several more with the previous one - the closest thing I have to a 'nemesis' was a couple of hysterical pm's from a very sad egotistical warped confused little individual (because I thanked a post they didn't approve of).

I doubt you did latin, so I can only assume you learned that from Mystery Men too.
    n. pl. nem·e·ses
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nemeses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Kinda but won't say who. Have been considering either getting off this and deleting my account or changing my username or something cause of it.

Can't you just report them to the mods? if what they're doing is bad enough that you want to go to all that trouble, surely you could just get them nice and banned?

I have no nemesis, but if anyone wants to fill that void, please send an application via pm with the heading 'Moriarty to your Holmes'*

(*don't actually pm me, kthxbai)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Kinda but won't say who. Have been considering either getting off this and deleting my account or changing my username or something cause of it.

Who could possibly be mean to someone named Snuggles? Unthinkable!

Point them out and i'll b!tch slap them for ya petal :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I had four nemesises (nemisi?) Why the dramaz?! I'm lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I had four nemesises (nemisi?)

I think the plural is 'Nemo'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I had four nemesises (nemisi?) Why the dramaz?! I'm lovely.
    "Nemises."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

themadchef wrote: »
    Who could possibly be mean to someone named Snuggles? Unthinkable!

Point them out and i'll b!tch slap them for ya petal :D.
    Can't you just report them to the mods? if what they're doing is bad enough that you want to go to all that trouble, surely you could just get them nice and banned?

I have no nemesis, but if anyone wants to fill that void, please send an application via pm with the heading 'Moriarty to your Holmes'*

(*don't actually pm me, kthxbai)

I know its not something I thought would happen. Some people can be just very mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

a boards nemesis pff :o .. maybe some spiteful resident boardsie nurds who don't know actual in your face sh*t develop feelings toward other members but such is the intensity right here i wouldn't even notice cos i do seem to have a brotherly 'nemesis' so anything outside the family is peanuts and never an issue. but even after all the intense psychotic displays, death threats n general attempted intimidation regularly resulting in bloodshed it still required him to ultimately say 'i'm your nemesis'. - kid brother grew too big for his boots but its as one-sided sibling rivalry really.. surely

-but no nurdy boardsie poofs need be hellbent on virtually pursuing anyone on the boards that'd amount to pathetic. if so, name and shame for a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd have people who's posts drive me up the wall on my ignore list but I've never been on the receiving end of any sort of personal abuse from a poster.

I feel left out, someone give me abuse through PM !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have from time to time but they just don't seem to last very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I also left out another troll from the rock & metal forum who is on my ignore list.

I wont name him as I dont think he posts in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I had one but after a lengthy and heated battle in the thunderdome he got site banned (due to other things).

None really at the moment, anyone who irritates me I usually just put on ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

When winter draws in I think I might get me a nemesis.

Someone to keep me angrily typing long into the night with a whiskey by my side.

Yeah. That sounds nice.

I think I'll do it.

After all, as Neil Young said: A nemesis. A man needs a nemesis. A nemesis. When will I see you again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i don't have a nemisis, i have posters that irritate my last nerve though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Had one nemesis on board, but he managed to get site banned. Used to be friends with the ****er in real life, but he ripped some people off, both on boards and in my group of friends. And just generally acted the prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,151 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Not that i'm aware of. I've never received an abusive pm in my fours years visiting this place.

where am I going wrong? :pac:

i don't have a nemisis, i have posters that irritate my last nerve though.

Howarya now? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chapod21

stereo_steve

He torments me constantly :mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah ive got one, for no apparent reason he Just seems to be a complete dickhead, follows me around sometimes, send him a good P.M but never did he reply. But other than that everyone loves me around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There are some posters who I really really hate, for varying reasons really. Some for how they treat people I know, some for just generally being dickish. I would say I have a minimum of 3 people on here that I really totally hate. Then a few more I just dislike.

The people I like and get on well with here far outweigh the cnuts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Howarya now? ;)

aw *ruffles anonoboys hair* not you my dear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

No, but I do find excessive use of this - :rolleyes: extremely annoying when you're in disagreement with someone and they use :rolleyes: at the end of every sentence/post in an attempt to make their argument look more credible.

In short, :rolleyes: is my boards nemesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

From the perspective of potential gossip, this thread has turned out to be a major disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I hate trolls.

But no nemesis to date.
    Who wants to be me nemesis?

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I hate trolls.

But no nemesis to date.
    Who wants to be me nemesis?

Maybe in winter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67746924&postcount=119

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

:rolleyes:

this symbol means smugster posting watchout

condescension can be as addictive as caffeine booze or anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

That's such an arrogant thing to say!! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

there are just way too many people to remember if you've disagreed over something or not. or maybe its my awful memory, no enemies so far anyways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jesus i can't believe the amount of hatred on boards......i thought it was a sociable place to hang out, learn new things, maybe make a few new friends etc.

Looks like i'll be sitting in the old rockin' chair in the porch with the shotgun beside me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Love all the people who "have nemesis" but won't say their username. I had one. His name is Shawn Raven but he was perma-banned from Boards for acting the gowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Several, they know who they are:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    That's such an arrogant thing to say!! :mad:

Can ye two take it too PM, Ye are always at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

I don't have any nemeses but its early days yet. My posts tend to be on the silly side, so I probably annoy a few peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Will wrote: »
    I had one but after a lengthy and heated battle in the thunderdome he got site banned (due to other things).

More disagreements should be resolved using the Thunderdome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Captain Picard is my nemesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

moonpurple wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

this symbol means smugster posting watchout

condescension can be as addictive as caffeine booze or anything else

That symbol means "your opinion is beyond my capacity to debate, but I shall not back down".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mfceiling wrote: »
    Jesus i can't believe the amount of hatred on boards......i thought it was a sociable place to hang out, learn new things, maybe make a few new friends etc.

Looks like i'll be sitting in the old rockin' chair in the porch with the shotgun beside me!!

It is quite a sociable place. But like any community there are those that undermine others, there are rumour mills, there are scandals.

I have made a couple of good friends on here. But this is about nemesis so people aren't mentioning friends!

mfceiling wrote: »

It's not that bad. Everyone is going to encounter someone they don't get along with. This applies to all aspects of life. You just ignore them and move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nope, no nemesis here. Although if I had the time and the energy, I'd happily make Conno16 my nemesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Terry wrote: »
    It's not that bad. Everyone is going to encounter someone they don't get along with. This applies to all aspects of life. You just ignore them and move along.

Not me Terry

*see last post with shotgun reference!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't like the way you come across in your posts, but it is only natural that one will occasionally encounter posters which one finds distasteful on a forum with as many users such as this. Of course I wouldn't want to like everybody, that would be rather boring.
    I wasn't actually referring to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

SEPT 23 1989: so you are my nemesis on Boards

NEMESIS: Eh Yeah

SEPT 23 1989: Do i have to sit up?

NEMESIS: No

SEPT 23 1989: Well then knock yourself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I had one when I was a mod on adverts. The fecker was banned and kept coming back again and again, and because I was used to his writing style I was the one who always spotted him. He had around 24 accounts at the last count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I love you all, you're my only friends and that means a lot to me :'-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I remember getting some crap from a member some time ago, i can't even remember their user name, i just totally ignored it at the time, and after a while it just stopped,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I've gotten some of the oddest PMs.

In general, there are are posters I've gotten to know in RL and I adore them. The others, some I like others Im indifferent. I dont see the point of hating someone on the internet.

Advertisement