Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have a Boards Nemesis?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

There's a Horsebox knocking around here somewhere. I should start up a rivalry with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A few digs and arguements here and there, but hey, conversations about soccer can get pretty heated.:P
    No PMs, though, only nice PMs.:)

Am I the only one who hopes that they don't have one that they don't know about?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

baz2009 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hopes that they don't have one that they don't know about?:pac:

eh no! was thinking the same myself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

There people opinion i disagree with there people I agree with... But to get a pm of some one abusing me, nope never...

Just do my own thing... Oh and if i do offend some one i useally apolgise with a pm...

Not really hear to have pm battles :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm getting awful cranky lately so it strikes me there is a nemesis in the offing.
    Who wants to hate on Bollocko?
    /sniff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm getting awful cranky lately so it strikes me there is a nemesis in the offing.
    /sniff.

I'm sure you won't be short on offers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

letmerollit start attacking me over some advert :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not really, but someone PMed in the last few months asking what my problem was with them. Thing is, I didn't have a problem with them until they PMed. The dufflecoat of paranoia is a dangerous thing.

Confab wrote: »
    Not really, but someone PMed in the last few months asking what my problem was with them. Thing is, I didn't have a problem with them until they PMed. The dufflecoat of paranoia is a dangerous thing.

I get that a lot. An important thing to note is that with written communication things are never as clear as they are face-to-face. Jokes can seem like digs and jibes if the person isn't in on it or are sensitive.
    Sometimes I'd come across as quite cutting or abrasive in moderating because I haven't phrased something diplomatically enough and that can produce a volley of PM's in my direction. Hasn't happened lately though and I've been a right ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I've had my fill of arguing and pettiness IRL . I couldn't be bothered falling out with a username. Quite the opposite here, I find it theraputic to come on here and have a laugh , discussion or difference of opinion and that is all it ever would be , no point in creating ill feeling over something that I believe and others don't . Life's tough enough.

In fact I have chatted with some really nice, cool individuals I have met through boards. Long may that last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

No nemesis just a few people that I know id hate in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope, my inbox has ivy and cobwebs on it since I quit smodding. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

/sniff.
    Not it.
    I get the impression (and I may be wrong, but I never am) that you're the only mod here who gets my subtle jokes.
    I need someone on my side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ruu wrote: »
    Nope, my inbox has ivy and cobwebs on it since I quit smodding. :)
    Need I remind you of Polmki? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Please don't, oh here come the flashbacks. *sits in the corner rocking back and forth*
    He is Gordons best friend though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Anan the Motors mod is my current boards nemesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

No. I dont - Plenty that dont like me im sure.. but i dont care..

The internet is great for making weak people brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

/sniff.

I hate you bish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Yeah there´s one or two people that irritate me here on Boards but no doubt it´s reciprocated. Ah well. It really is only an internet forum at the end of the day. We´d probably get on great in the Real World.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭last name ever. first name greatest

Had a few here, and there.
    Made up with a lot of them and kind of lorded over those who have seen the light of my ways.

Tis better to be outside pissing into the the tent that be inside p1ssing out.

And what have you etc ad nunummnumm

snyper wrote: »
    I hate you bish!

Banned.
    Ah.
    Felt good.

Anyone want to be my nemesis ?

Orderly queue please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Had a few here, and there.
    Made up with a lot of them and kind of lorded over those who have seen the light of my ways.

Tis better to be outside pissing into the the tent that be inside p1ssing out.

And what have you etc ad nunummnumm

very quickly.... or, renamed youself?

Kasabian wrote: »
    Anyone want to be my nemesis ?

Orderly queue please.

Me?

But I can't promise that I won't try and post on Feed Back etc to make myself look all serious ands what have you, to make myself look all sensible etc

I'm really sensible, really. Can I be a mod?

6th and repeat!

Me?

But I can't promise that I won't try and post on Feed Back etc to make myself look all serious ands what have you, to make myself look all sensible etc

I'm really sensible, really. Can I be a mod?

6th and repeat!

No , I need someone I can understand

Kasabian wrote: »
    No , I need someone I can understand

Have a hug and what not {{hug}}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I have an EVIL nemisis who does nothing but try to torture me everyday. Even in real life. :mad:

I've been poked and had water thrown on me. Nasty piece of work.
    Goes by the name RoyalMarineComm

He has even threatened to ban me from Boards as he has the power!!! I mean how cruel is that! I'm an innocent wee thing :(:(

Did I mention he threw water on me? :mad:

My self esteem is shot to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

h, one or two...
    RobFowl, Cheap Thrills!, Superbus, your desired user name, babyfratelli_x, AoifeN, seensensee, Twilightning, Gavin "shels", LiNgWiStIkZ, kc87, melmoth77, *adele*, MultiUmm, Funkfield, Vertigo100, yoyo, some_dose, Evolute, ErinGoBrath, Profiler, Táck, musiknonstop, Scego, Crosáidí, saywhatyousee, Donkey Oaty, Pretty_Pistol, foxyboxer, overhand_right, Ads by Google, dedrizzle, Nightwish, iguy, Einhard, Risteard, bytey, Calibos, Hank_Jones, refusetolose, Sticky_Fingers, PeterIanStaker, scientific1982, Robby91, LorraineL, snowyeoghan, ben36, Mrmoe, Oranage2, #15, IzzyWizzy, Paella, k8hm, raveni, dabbido, Snaggerman, Pete M., dandruff_ie, KTRIC, Da_Viper, Snake Plisken, The Agogo, Gear9992, evanSpiddal, oppenheimer1, Alicat, feelpablo, Thrill, fonecrusher1, Ben Hadad, Asha, up for anything, Adyx, Domscard, NU8, Drumpot, Gaw_, JuneBug29, yermanoffthetv, ericl, liah, Stylesclash07, Sod'o swords, Doublin, GalwayGuy92, Pusher, XxXaliXxX, PFL, me_right_one, robbie1977, Conor108, Seifer, Naos, derfderf, antodeco, shaaane, DailyBlaa, drusk, rugbyman, Leif_Erikson, kowloon, Tonyandthewhale, steddyeddy, InTheTrees, karma_, ZorbaTehZ, Biggins, Hamiltonion, Crosswalk, heno86, irish1967, Waestrel, jd007, kfallon, emanresu, Rhyme, Owwmykneecap, Lollymcd, Richard tea, RGS, JONJO THE MISER, Shulgin, Jolly Days, Fozzie Bear, Irish Guitarist, Paul_D, Ravage1616, hughie1989, Big Ears, RainbowRose81, domrush, belongtojazz, TheKells, ferrigan101, Dennis the Stone, Knifey Spoony, Callan57, Parsley, RMD, Tombiman, diddledum, KerranJast, Obaraten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Obaraten wrote: »
    Dont fcuk with the Russians:mad:

In Mother Russia, Russians fcuk with you on boards.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Dont fcuk with the Russians:mad:

Your off the list comrade:(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Lupine

I don't have enough post to have anything. I cant even have a nemesis yet!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No.

Just wannabie belly rubbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Haven't had any nemesis activity in awhile, come to think of it, but I have had and kinda still do have nemeses. One is "the" nutter of the CT/Paranormal forum, sent me a few PMs, spammed my boards comments area for a bit, etc. Man, that was an interesting dose of crazy. :pac:

There's another AH poster who makes constant sly digs about other posts of mine in threads that have nothing to do with the post being referred to. :confused: Has also gone over into trolling other areas of my internet presence on a few occasions. I don't really get where all the venom comes from, I don't really see myself as being a malicious or even offensive poster, but for some reason I get under his skin.

There's one poster I just hate but I don't do anything about.

And I kinda had one about a year ago but it's since dissipated (at least on my end, no idea what they think, assuming it's still the same) and I find myself agreeing with quite a few points of view as the poster.

Other'n that, nah. Haven't noticed, anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

liah wrote: »
    One is "the" nutter of the CT/Paranormal forum

Only the one, is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

No....i just try and spread peace and love in the world:-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Dudess wrote: »
    I wasn't actually referring to you.

I didn't think you were referring to me, I was just responding to the post as it was relevant to the point I intended to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't have one, don't need one, don't want one.

Cowebs and hugs and kisses sent to random posters, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

dubtom wrote: »
    h, one or two...
    RobFowl, Cheap Thrills!, Superbus, your desired user name, babyfratelli_x, AoifeN, seensensee, Twilightning, Gavin "shels", LiNgWiStIkZ, kc87, melmoth77, *adele*, MultiUmm, Funkfield, Vertigo100, yoyo, some_dose, Evolute, ErinGoBrath, Profiler, Táck, musiknonstop, Scego, Crosáidí, saywhatyousee, Donkey Oaty, Pretty_Pistol, foxyboxer, overhand_right, Ads by Google, dedrizzle, Nightwish, iguy, Einhard, Risteard, bytey, Calibos, Hank_Jones, refusetolose, Sticky_Fingers, PeterIanStaker, scientific1982, Robby91, LorraineL, snowyeoghan, ben36, Mrmoe, Oranage2, #15, IzzyWizzy, Paella, k8hm, raveni, dabbido, Snaggerman, Pete M., dandruff_ie, KTRIC, Da_Viper, Snake Plisken, The Agogo, Gear9992, evanSpiddal, oppenheimer1, Alicat, feelpablo, Thrill, fonecrusher1, Ben Hadad, Asha, up for anything, Adyx, Domscard, NU8, Drumpot, Gaw_, JuneBug29, yermanoffthetv, ericl, liah, Stylesclash07, Sod'o swords, Doublin, GalwayGuy92, Pusher, XxXaliXxX, PFL, me_right_one, robbie1977, Conor108, Seifer, Naos, derfderf, antodeco, shaaane, DailyBlaa, drusk, rugbyman, Leif_Erikson, kowloon, Tonyandthewhale, steddyeddy, InTheTrees, karma_, ZorbaTehZ, Biggins, Hamiltonion, Crosswalk, heno86, irish1967, Waestrel, jd007, kfallon, emanresu, Rhyme, Owwmykneecap, Lollymcd, Richard tea, RGS, JONJO THE MISER, Shulgin, Jolly Days, Fozzie Bear, Irish Guitarist, Paul_D, Ravage1616, hughie1989, Big Ears, RainbowRose81, domrush, belongtojazz, TheKells, ferrigan101, Dennis the Stone, Knifey Spoony, Callan57, Parsley, RMD, Tombiman, diddledum, KerranJast, Obaraten

dubtom confirmed for most disliked boards.ie user! :pac: :P

I've got none methinks. All my energy goes on my nemeses IRL. Bunch of unmerciful bastards leave me with no time to have online enemies. :(
    -Adds another reason to MultiUmm's Why I Hate My Nemeses List- :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

h, one or two...
    I'm noticing there's a fair few musicians there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I thought I had no nemesis on boards.

Apparently I, and many other people do.

Isn't that right, DubTom? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Jesus, I haven't been mentioned! WTF?

Eh, feardark told me I was his nemesis once, being the cuddly bear that he is, I took it as a plea for compassion, gave him a cookie and ignored.

Other than that, a few more. Initials SF & BB. Although I don't really have a problem with them, they dislike me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't have a problem with any of the posters on boards but I'm sure there's many that don't like me :o.

Signature explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm noticing there's a fair few musicians there...

he's a groupie...with the clap...and i don't mean hand clap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Only the one, is there?

Well there's only one as consistently batsh*t as he is. I'm pretty convinced he's legitimately schizophrenic, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

liah wrote: »
    Haven't had any nemesis activity in awhile, come to think of it, but I have had and kinda still do have nemeses. One is "the" nutter of the CT/Paranormal forum
    Only the one, is there?

ROFL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, i dont. I want one though...any takers?

h, one or two...

and Kiith :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with any of the posters on boards but I'm sure there's many that don't like me :o.

Signature explains it.

Ah they love ya really.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement