Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL 2010 **Week 1**

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Jaysus lads bitter much??!!!

If ye think yer so much better than the contestants and that they're ****e, how about ye go and show them how is done and applied for it next year :rolleyes:

If not just Shut up and enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Imagine for a second if you were an American or British exec. of a multinational in Dublin to do a spot check on the local affiliate on Monday night and stuck alone in your hotel room you turned on TV3 and saw the first episode? Imagine the horror..............

I'm all for entertainment but it certainly doesn't paint us in the best light. For some reason the UK and American versions seem to attract a better calibre of candidate than the TV3 version. It has to be the selection process and the input the producers have. Bottom line, TV3 is tabloid to BBC's broadsheet; and their bastardisation of The Apprentice only supports that thesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I don't think so, I've seen an equal number of egotistical under-performing dopes on the US & UK shows. I think it's just the type of person this kind of program attracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

When is the UK series coming back? Not too impressed with the Irish one so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Listen, it's a load of bollix.
    :D
    For the 14 weeks of the show, he'll spend the first 11 or so weeks telling every contestant how ****e they are.....and then the last 3 or so telling us, his customers, how brilliant the remaining one's are.....knowing he'll be stuck with one of them in his forecourt or something trying to sell his cars, to us, at the end.
    With TV3 probably underwriting a chunk of the "lucky" winners salary the odds are Cullen wont give a monkey's toss what the winner ends up doing when Jan 2nd comes around.
    As for people talking about the salary. It seems to me there's a bit of a play on words there. They say the salary is "Up to" 100,000 Euro! They don't say the salary is 100,000 Euro!!
    Is it not touted as a package of 100K? Id say one of two things here, a) They get a guaranteed 50k with a Renault thrown in valued at 20k and the other potential 30k is bonus related. or b) Cullen gives them 50k and TV3 make up the rest. Id say you could count on one hand how many people in Cullen's organisation earn more than 100k so cant see him handing over that type of cash for a glorified sales goon unless its been heavily subsidised.
    emo!! wrote: »

If ye think yer so much better than the contestants and that they're ****e, how about ye go and show them how is done and applied for it next year :rolleyes:

The whole point people are making on here is they wouldnt be seen on the show in a fit, with good reason, I dont for a second think any of the posts I have read were even slightly tinged with bitterness or jealously, without question people are genuinely embarrassed for the contestants.The reality is the show has attracted muppets not serious business people. A big brother calibre type ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sizzler wrote: »
    Is it not touted as a package of 100K? Id say one of two things here, a) They get a guaranteed 50k with a Renault thrown in valued at 20k and the other potential 30k is bonus related. or b) Cullen gives them 50k and TV3 make up the rest. Id say you could count on one hand how many people in Cullen's organisation earn more than 100k so cant see him handing over that type of cash for a glorified sales goon unless its been heavily subsidised.

I very much doubt Bill puts his hand in his pocket at all.
    TV probably pays the "winner's" wage for a year and then Bill has the option to keep the person on if he wishes.
    Wage of 50k, car 20k-25k, use of a house/apartment for a year 20k, bit of a bonus thrown in as well ..... yup that would make up 100k easily enough.

Also, didn't Bill last year say that Steve's salary had been cut before he even started, to reflect the cut the rest of his workers had experienced?
    What a buzz-wrecker - knowing you're taking a pay cut before you even start!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Heroditas wrote: »
    Also, didn't Bill last year say that Steve's salary had been cut before he even started, to reflect the cut the rest of his workers had experienced?
    What a buzz-wrecker - knowing you're taking a pay cut before you even start!

I think the prospects of knowing you were going to have to flog renaults for a year would have been enough of a buzz wrecker lol

The only thing that the contestants will learn on this show is how NOT to do things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

TBH applying for the Apprentice would be a step backwards for the vast majority of people. It certainly would not be a good career move for anyone who is serious about their qualifications / career prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I hadn't seen it on Monday night. So I watched a rerun of both the main event and the you're fired show on 3e. It looks like the Geraldine 'shooting' comment has been edited out since Monday. I didn't hear it anyway!

For all the guff and bluster, last years "apprentices" have done SFA. I mean look at the "Breffmeister"... Celeb banisteoir <excuse the spelling my Irish was never that good>. Is that a seriously credible avenue towards a paye job? FFS half of them spent half of their time in Dicies after the apprentice was over... The apprentice is what it is.... A comedy show....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

yeahimhere wrote: »
    I'm hoping the You're Fired show gets a little better as the series goes on. I didn't know Anton Savage before this, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's first show nerves etc. It just seems a little stiff and forced jokes etc. Dare I say it...Brendan O'Connor was a little better

/hangs head in shame

Same here :( you could see the jokes coming a mile off, not to mention the fake cheesy grin. Didn't think i'd miss O'Connor but it turns out i might :eek:

I thought Geraldine looked hot :confused: never thought that lasy year :o

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

stepbar wrote: »
    For all the guff and bluster, last years "apprentices" have done SFA. I mean look at the "Breffmeister"... Celeb banisteoir <excuse the spelling my Irish was never that good>. Is that a seriously credible avenue towards a paye job? FFS half of them spent half of their time in Dicies after the apprentice was over... The apprentice is what it is.... A comedy show....

I could be wrong but I thought Breiffne did quite well out of it. He has a much higher profile than the winner who is basically a car salesman. He was at the ploughing championship this week i heard him interviewed on newstalk he is working for some guy and said he learned more from him than he could ever learn from B.C. or words to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Macker1 wrote: »
    Your having a feckin laugh I hope

o wow, the Apprentice At Home is the most boring thing I've ever seen in my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Namlub wrote: »
    o wow, the Apprentice At Home is the most boring ting I've ever seen in my life...

And the girl doing the voice over is making it even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

What exactly is last years winner Steve doing now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/steve-rayner/1b/b79/1a1

Group Fleet Manager at Bill Cullen Motor Fleet

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

:p This is hilarious - seriously, the last thing anyone is is bitter or jealous!
    We are laughing at them - they are mostly crap and nobody who applies for that programme could every be considered credible in the reality of a business environment.
    We are actually saying we enjoy the programme but maybe not for the reasons TV3 made it in the first place!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

-Chris- wrote: »
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/steve-rayner/1b/b79/1a1

Group Fleet Manager at Bill Cullen Motor Fleet

His degree is Music Management?? :D

Can't believe he went through all that to be a car sales man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

dory wrote: »
    His degree is Music Management?? :D

Can't believe he went through all that to be a car sales man.

We got a leaflet into the warehouse a few months ago pushing their van fleet vehicles. Steve Raynor's face at the top of the leaflet, with the expected spin about "The TV3 Apprentice Winner"...

The number of spelling mistakes on the leaflet was unbelievable, I should have scanned it in and thrown it up here, attention to detail completely absent, straight in the bin!

Anyway, just watching it here on TV3, you'd have to ask, if these folks obviously reckon that they are top end business executive's in waiting, then why are none of them out there starting up businesses and walking the walk???

Seems to me that they all want to talk the talk on someone else's money...

MrDarcy wrote: »
    We got a leaflet into the warehouse a few months ago pushing their van fleet vehicles. Steve Raynor's face at the top of the leaflet, with the expected spin about "The TV3 Apprentice Winner"...

This sort of bolox type "morketing" annoys the hell out of me... Actually it would give me a good reason to not do business with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

Uk one is back now too.
    Its far better than the Irish one. Comedy at its best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement