Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats a Full Irish?

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

What to you constitutes a Full Irish?

My version of a Full Irish is 2 Sausages, 2 Rashers, White & Black Pudding, Egg, Fried Mushrooms and Fried Tomato. Along with some Brown Bread.
    (I don't personally like mushrooms and tomato, but when I make it for customers they go in too)
    • Are beans in there?
    • Hash Browns?
    • Anything else?

Whats a full Irish? Start with brown bread + 2 Sausage, 2 Rasher, an egg... 243 votes

Fried Mushrooms
    0% 0 votes
    Fried Tomato
    20% 51 votes
    Hash Browns
    19% 48 votes
    Potato Bread/Farl
    13% 33 votes
    Beans
    11% 29 votes
    Fried Soda Bread
    17% 43 votes
    Loads and Loads of Ketchup and Brown Sauce
    6% 15 votes
    Pork Chops?! (happened to me before)
    9% 23 votes
    Other (add it)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep, you need beans and hash browns also

If you get an Ulster Fry then you need soda bread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

What you said, but take out the mushrooms, and put in the beans. That is what I take to be a 'Full Irish'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭d.a.r.r.a.g.h

Take out the hash browns, add in beans and yes you do need some brown bread as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Does beans not make it a full english? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think beans make it a full English. Potato farls make it a full Irish, though hash browns will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭d.a.r.r.a.g.h

Never in an Irish B&B have I got hash browns, but I always got beans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not bothered what its called but it needs 2 sausages, 2 rashers, pudding (white/black or mix) egg (fried/poached/scrambled), beans, hash browns/potato farls and a nice cup of tea!

Was curious to find out what people thought...

Was thinking of re-doing the menu, leaving the full irish as it is and maybe doing a Belly Buster or something... 2 rashers, 2 sausages, white & black, 2 eggs, beans, hash-browns, potato bread, mushrooms and tomato. As well as a round of toast and some brown bread and a pot of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

bigneacy wrote: »
    ...As well as a round of toast and some brown bread and a pot of tea.

And there's me just about to say "Where's the tea & toast?" :)

And if you were being very flash - you could throw in some some fried liver & kidneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Never have i got fried mushrooms with a full irish :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A full English has beans, I should know, I've been living in England for 6 years and it's on every menu over here.

Also...in an 'Irish bar' on the Algarve, you get beans in the Full Irish...but the Irish bar is owned and operated by an English couple.

Beans in an Full Irish? No way!!

Hill Billy wrote: »
    And if you were being very flash - you could throw in some some fried liver & kidneys.

Bleugh... don't think I could stomach even cooking them!!! :(
    Never have i got fried mushrooms with a full irish :confused:
    :eek: Really? Never? I've been told my fried mushrooms are they best some people have ever had! ;)

r3nu4l wrote: »
    A full English has beans, I should know, I've been living in England for 6 years and it's on every menu over here.

Also...in an 'Irish bar' on the Algarve, you get beans in the Full Irish...but the Irish bar is owned and operated by an English couple.

Beans in an Full Irish? No way!!

This was my thoughts on it also... I didn't want to put the beans in on principle... maybe thats my patriotism coming through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hamchops

sausages,pudding,bacon,eggs,mushrooms,beans,tomato tea and toast does it for me, pork chops? whats that all about?

a B&B in kilkenny... all the fries were out. everything sorted. We were munching away and then shes comes out with..... a bowl full of pork chops! not big rashers or anything... big fecking pork chops in a bowl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

A breakfast that is bad for you cholesterol, especially if its fried!:-) Saying that i love a Full Irish. I must say ive never had potato bread before so id be interested in trying it. Whats it like? You can't beat a good sausage either.

3476760-potato-farls-frying-in-butter.jpg

It's hard to describe... Its like a really rich, heavy white bread... Nice tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I don't actually think beans are part of a full Irish, but I don't see the point of a fry without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Nearly got sick reading this thread. How do people eat this greasy muck?

Disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Two sausage, two bacon, fried egg, fried potato, beans, toast, brown soda bread, potato farl, tea and orange juice

Damn you OP, i'm hungry now.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

irish-stew wrote: »
    Two sausage, two bacon, fried egg, fried potato, beans, toast, brown soda bread, potato farl, tea and orange juice

Damn you OP, i'm hungry now.

:D

Followed by a huge fart and a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

2 Sausages, 2 Rashers, a fried egg, black & white pudding, beans, mushrooms, Potato farl, tomato. Bread, Tea/Coffee.

bigneacy wrote: »
    3476760-potato-farls-frying-in-butter.jpg

It's hard to describe... Its like a really rich, heavy white bread... Nice tho!

Thanks, i googled it after actually:) I might check it out next time im in Tesco. It looks quiet nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Jaysus I'm starving now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

There are no beans in a full Irish. And how could you leave out black and white pudding OP? The humanity!

Jaysus I'm starving now!!

Someones in the kitchen frying some liver and egg at the moment. I agree though this thread would definitely make you hungry:D

CiaranC wrote: »
    There are no beans in a full Irish. And how could you leave out black and white pudding OP? The humanity!

Sorry... only just realised I did!!! :D

Fried bread - I forgot fried bread!!!

It's not something that you generally get served when eating out & I don't often make it at home. But that's all gonna change on Saturday. NYOM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

No black and white pudding. The poll is deeply flawed. And beans have no place in a fry, never have, never will.

A fry is various bits of fried pig, with a couple of eggs - and if you are feeling healthy - maybe a fried tomato.

Advertisement