Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core/Option Module as elective

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all

Can't seem to find sure answer to this.

Do your electives have to be outside your programme? I want to do one of the option modules from my joint English history major as an elective slot. having selected it, now SIS is showing me as having registered 55/100 Core/Options (I'm going in to Stage 2).

Electives are still saying 0/20 registered rather than 10 or even 5, depending.

Did anyone ever try doing this? Is it against some rule somewhere?

I'm nervous now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

I think this question is already answered in different thread which I had looked at but managed to read without reading in my panic.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

in first year i took an elective that turned out was a core for 2nd year, didnt get into any hassle over it. if sis will let you do it i presume its ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

.Bob wrote: »
    in first year i took an elective that turned out was a core for 2nd year, didnt get into any hassle over it. if sis will let you do it i presume its ok

That is not true. People have been screwed by assuming that about SIS before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

That's true. UCD keeps telling us that SIS only records decisions, it doesn't tell you whether it's allowed or not.

Advertisement