Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Board Is Closing

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

This board will be closing in one week.

You can catch us on Facebook, Twitter or our own forums (and several members of our staff will still hangout on boards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Random wrote: »
    why?

It doesn't get enough traffic to warrant maintaining it

We're actively using Facebook, Twitter and our own forums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I personally signed up to Blacknight purely because of this forum. The fact that you're willing to deal with customer issues in a transparent manner on Irelands biggest message board gave me confidence in your services. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think the same, so even if the board doesn't get a lot of traffic, don't you think there's still a lot of value in having a presence here?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Cianos wrote: »
    I personally signed up to Blacknight purely because of this forum.

As did I, I don't use facebook or twitter so would not have found you through either of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms!

I also found out about blacknight while browsing boards, I think the forum here is very helpful even though it's not the most active.

• Advertisement

We are more than happy to reply to people's questions, but we cannot justify paying to maintain this board with the levels of traffic that it has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

several members of our staff will still hangout on boards: who are they

coldwood92 wrote: »
    several members of our staff will still hangout on boards: who are they
    Well me for one (look at my post count - do you honestly think it came from this board? :) )

There are several others who are members of boards.ie, including flamegrill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Might be worth considering the number of people who this advertises to. I took out a number of domains and recommended Black night for hosting to numerous people based on your presence here, yet this is my first post in this section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

NeoRox wrote: »
    As did I, I don't use facebook or twitter so would not have found you through either of those.

Same here - this forum is the reason why I signed with blacknight. Can't bloody stand either facebook or twitter either.

• Advertisement

Between twitter / facebook / the official blacknight forums and so on we simply can't justify the cost of keeping this forum going on boards. We understand some people will be sorry to see us go but we'll still be here on various forums keeping you up to date and responding to queries where we can.

I don't often backtrack .. but I do sometimes .. :)

We've decided to maintain this board for the moment ...

Let's see how it goes ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Blacknight wrote: »
    I don't often backtrack .. but I do sometimes .. :)

We've decided to maintain this board for the moment ...

Let's see how it goes ..

Just seeing this post now & glad to hear this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

For what it is worth, I will hopefully be in the market for some server space in the near future and Blacknight was the first company to spring to mind because of their presence on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Are any of your servers down at present? Getting errors connecting to my website and cant..

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Are any of your servers down at present? Getting errors connecting to my website and cant..

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

Hi There

Keep an eye on http://www.blacknightstatus.com/ for outages and you can also check with the blacknight guys via the livechat on blacknight.com

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

As pointed out

You can check server status here: http://www.blacknightstatus.com

Yeah I did that but there were no "apparent" outages that day. :rolleyes:

Problem has since been fixed but delay was a little annoying. . .

You can see specific servers and their current status here: http://www.blacknightstatus.com/server_monitor.php

Site is down again and above link to servers shows no "outages" again! :rolleyes:

I despair. . . :(

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

• Advertisement

Site is down again and above link to servers shows no "outages" again! :rolleyes:

I despair. . . :(
    Please email support with the site details.

The guys on the helpdesk have better visibility of any issues

Yep did that already thanks. Just waiting on a reply other than the automated one.

Advertisement