If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV....possibly... :)

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi John and Co.
    Myself and my girlfriend are moving house at the end of the month, new house has a bigger sitting room than current one, so, you know yourself, I might be sitting further from the TV which means I might just need to invest in a bigger tv! ha.

Anyways, we currently have a forty inch Samsung and we were tempted by the idea of getting a 50 inch. (Must check size - distance recommendations again). So what would you recommend that's a decent price but a fantastic TV? :D

Actually, maybe 46" would be a big enough jump??

Also quote for the LED Pro Philips TV, 46. Probably quite a bit out of my price range but curious....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Chris_ie

Good plan - get a new place with a bigger sittingroom so you need to get a bigger TV to save you squinting at your 40" thats now going to be too far away:)

I have a couple of new Philips TV's I can suggest as options, all are Full HD TV's

First up is the 52PFL5605H
    Here's the spec
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/52pfl5605H_12_pss_eng.pdf

It looks like this...
    52PFL5605H_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$

This is the largest screen size in the new 5605H range and as you'll see from the spec its a 100Hz LED Backlit LCD TV and has a 500000:1 Contrast ratio with a fast response time of 2ms and uses our Pixel Plus HD Image processing engine.

This TV is particularly good value at €1599.99 (reduced from €1699.99 a couple of days back)
    It also comes in a 46" version that we sell for €1199.99 (again reduced, this time from €1299.99)

Next up is the very nice 7 series range

These top out at 46" and her's the spec

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_05/46pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    46PFL7605H_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    It's a very pretty looking TV....the photo doesnt do it justice!

This is a LED EDGE LIT LCD TV and uses our more powerful Pixel Precise HD image processing engine.
    you get wired NET TV facility on this TV (there is an optional Wireless dongle available for €49.99) so you can check out the internet without the need for a PC
    AMBILIGHT SPECTRA 2 is included as well
    With the 7 Series you get improved connectivity over the 5 series 4x HDMI (3 on 5 series) 2x SCART (1 on 5 series)

This TV sells for €1699.99

If you are looking for something very juicy and 3D ready have a look at the 46/52PFL8605H 8 series TV's
    46PFL8605H_12-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    Shes a beauty and really needs to be seen in the flesh to enjoy...

These build on the 7605 range and are 200Hz TV's with 1ms response that use our most powerful image processor, the PERFECT PIXEL HD engine
    Not to mention that they are 3D ready stes - just need to buy the optional glasses & transmitter pack and a suitable 3D ready BR player.

The 46" is on display and is a stunning TV - I love it....
    The 52" version is due to be released soon.
    They sell for €1999.99 for the 46" and €2699.99 for the 52"

Here's the spec for the 46" (no spec yeat for the 52" version.)
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl8605h_12/46pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

All our TV range comes with a 2 year warranty

if any of these temp let me know and I'll see what we can do price wise for you:D
    We have the bulk of them on display so feel free to check 'em out

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Cheers Ash.

Love the finish of the 7 series. We're moving into the house start of October so will take the 40" up and see how much bigger we should go (46-52) if we decide to buy.

Whats the deal with the LED full array tvs with local dimming these days? Are there many about and do you guys do them? I think the 9 series uses it?

Also, I bought the MA Radius HD set off you guys a while back and I'm finally going to get the stands for it so I'll need two pairs next month at some stage. Could you give me a quote for those? (Be nice :D)

Thanks.

Chris.

Hi Chris

The new 7 series TV's are very slick looking for sure.
    The 46" really wears its suit well - a very cool TV..
    You are correct in saying the new 9 series use full array LED backlighting with Local Dimming.
    This TV uses 1792 LED's grouped into 224 segments behind the screen - I saw it breifly at the Philips trade show last week and was pretty impressed by what I saw, couldnt spend any time fiddling with it however:(

This TV is due for release in September and the 46" version will be around the €2700 price point

check it out here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl9705h_12/46pfl9705h_12_pss_eng.pdf

46PFL9705H_12-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    Sweet...........

As for the MA Radius stands you'll need to speak with the RSB guys - thats their domain..Kenny is back in action up there so best get in contact with him before all his pain medication wears off:D

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

As for the MA Radius stands you'll need to speak with the RSB guys - thats their domain..Kenny is back in action up there so best get in contact with him before all his pain medication wears off:D

Ah yes of course, I forgot!

If/when you get the 9 series let me know how you get on ;)

Will be next month before we make a decision what or if to buy.

Cheers for the info!

Chris

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

No worries Chris, we'll have a post up the minute we see the 9 series in stock.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.