Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another rent allowance question!!

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

im new to this but really need advice.i was renting a house between april 2008 until march 2010 i was in full time employment at the time so could afford it.anyway to cut a long story short myself and the landlord started a relationship and i fell pregnant in november 2008.he never lived with me but i had my baby in august 2009 and we split up in march 2010,i had left my job and was receiving illness benefit so had no choice but to move back to my parents house as i could no longer afford the rent.its not working out at home so can anyone tell me if i am entitled to rent allowance?on the citizens advice page it says if you have been renting for 6 months out of the previous 12 you are entitled to it so do i not have to register on a housing list?my ex has no problem in giving me a letter to say i was renting his property but will this be sufficient?any advice would be really appreciated!

Advertisement