Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards 10m TT - Black Bull/Batterstown Tuesday 31 August

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@NOT. Completely agree with the sentiments that the afterglow is addictive. I felt great (shuda pushed harder I know).
    Definitely want to do more of this. Great to have some sort of benchmark now. Already thinking of what is reqd to get 10% improvement.

Thanks to folks for organisng and marshalling and timing. It was great fun. I should have done more of this sort of thing this yeat.
    Hungry for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Well done to all those taking part!

Based on the timings, and using only my commute to work this morning as a guide (29.1kmph), I can safely be thankful that I volunteered to marshal!

Will pop out to do that route soon though, just to see.

For now, I reckon I should be in pre pre season training :o .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Pointy hat!

Good work, Tom. I take it you shall now be doing the grunt work on the RAI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

@nereid: I was shocked at my avg speed. My typical avg solo speed is no more than 27/28kph. When you start pushing with others to stack up against your speed will go up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

@Caroline.ie:

All i can say is she was in better condition getting up this morning than me!

My warm-downs usually involve spending a good 10 minutes standing around, slagging her for all the stretching she does while my legs accumulate half a litre of lactate.

Generally she has the last laugh though as i hobble around the house the following day and today was no exception!

I'll never learn though....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Raam wrote: »
    Pointy hat!

Good work, Tom. I take it you shall now be doing the grunt work on the RAI?

I have blorg's pointy hat too. We should all be using them for the RAI. They are faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Sorry to have missed this - had to travel with work.

Very impressive times. Well done to all. Any chance of a few more of these on a saturday or sunday over the winter????

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry to have missed this - had to travel with work.

Very impressive times. Well done to all. Any chance of a few more of these on a saturday or sunday over the winter????
    Ultimately it's down to whoever wants to do it. If no-one else had turned up last night, I would have done it on my own, as it was, we had a decent turn-out, and therefore a bit of craic to go with it.

There will always be someone on here who can help point you in the right direction - where to start etc. The biggest issue tends to be getting volunteers to cover timing and marshalling, but last night we had 3 turn up, and all the Boards TTs to date seem to have been adequately covered.

I would add, of course, that these events are in no way officially sanctioned, and everyone takes part at their own risk, but by keeping the courses simple (like last night's) I think the risk is minimal (and certainly less than trying it on your own). In addition, if there are a few of us around, we can always despatch someone to pick up anyone who has a problem.

There's nothing to stop people going out next week to give this course a go if they wish (although there will be less light), and there remains an appetite for another hill climb, as well as ROK ON's Team TT idea, so I think there will be plenty for everyone - indeed, this summer has probably been dominated by racing for a lot of boardsies, and there may well be quite a lot of support from some of them to keep up some "competitive" events over the winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

A little footnote.

As I was waiting to start, Caroline, the Keeper of the Watch, pointed towards my rear wheel and said something about a plate. I nodded expertly without having any idea what was meant, reckoning a technical discussion was not a good idea as the seconds ticked down.

I noticed one or two references in recent posts in other threads to shop-supplied reflectors and something called "pie plates". After a google, I now realise that Caroline was attempting to protect my dignity and to assist me in holding my head up high in cycling company. Thank you Caroline and rest assured that I am on my way out for the lockring tool and chainwhip as we speak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I am on my way out for the lockring tool and chainwhip as we speak!

A snips will do. You ain't gonna need it again ;)

Advertisement