Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join a soccer team

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hey,

I am just wondering if anyone knows of a soccer team looking for players?

Haven't played in years and trying to get back into it. Heard about the factory league alright but don't know any of the teams.

As I said not played in years and just getting the fitness going again so not looking for a very good team, just a bit of training and games.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slinky112

Hi mate i've just moved here from england was looking for a club as well managed to find a team looking for a central defender. the teams called Lakewood if you want to give them a try. but heres a list of clubs and numbers in case you want to find your own team

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bizzo

Playing in the business league myself. New season is just starting. Plenty of teams looking for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stripe3

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any contacts for any of the teams?

Can you give me a rough area where you are living. City centre, north side southside etc?

togher but have car so anywhere really.

• Advertisement

Ok well there are teams from all round the city really.

here is a link to the website

http://corkbsl.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?league=8661188

Team contacts are listed and at the moment it is the shield being played. Maybe go along to a game and see what you make of the standard. Premier Division can be competitive enough with the other end of the scale being some teams in division one who wouldnt take it seriously at all.

Cheers Bizzo,

Who do you play for? any free spots :)

There is maybe 2 of us looking so will have a look

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

www.corkaul.com leave a post

Im playing with Rochestown.

Id strongly reccomend going along to watch a game or two. See id hate to sign u up and then realise the standard isnt suitable for you to be playing or for you signing up and realising how bad we are and being stuck with us if you get me.Age is not an issue either. We have guys who are 18/19 and some of the other teams have guys in to their mid 30s.

Have you played with a club before.

Hi Bizzo,

Ya I would be interested in going along alright. When is yer next game?

Honestly, as I said I haven't played in years so fitness is not the best. Have been playing astro for last few months so touch is slowly coming back:)

What level are ye would you say?

It wouldn't be ye not been at my level but totally the other way around and I not been at yer level :)

Cheers for your responses on this.

• Advertisement

Do ye train or is it just matches?

We are prob one of the few teams in the premier division who dont train. Most of us would keep fit tho with the odd game of 5 a side or something similar.

We dont have a game this wkend but there are fixtures for other teams if u wanted to go along

Advertisement