Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cisco epc2425 and slingbox

• 30-08-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭

I can't get my slingbox working with the upc epc2425 router.

I have gone into the configuration and enabled port forwarding for the ip address and the port given in the slingbox setup. There is no firewall enabled but I still cant seem to get it to work!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DavisBXL

I struggled through this recently and finally got it working. An oversight in port forwarding was my problem, but my first question for you is does it work when everything is hardwired rather than just wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

There seems to be a compatibility issue with the cisco epc2425 when connecting wired (pc) to wireless ( xbox, ps3 etc).

Try wiring both or try using both wireless.
    Or else, try another router with the cisco ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

I finally got this working today so i thought I would post the solution as UPC want a 1euro a minute tec support and sling want 20euro before they'll talk to you - even on the internet.

I have the slingbox classic so all connections were wired.

I had no problem connecting and viewing the slingbox within the network, the trouble was it would not connect remotely.

I had enabled port forwarding for the ip and port given in the slingbox setup in the cisco router setup at (192.168.1.1).

Instead of using the slingbox ID for connecting in the slingplayer software, I had to use the my ip address (googled my ip) and my port number in the slingbox software (advanced settings).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

I had some problems setting my Slingbox SOLO up with the UPC Cisco EPC2425 wireless broadband router initially too. This was very helpful:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/EPC2425/SlingBox.htm

I'm now happily viewing my tv on my iPad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

eorpach wrote: »
    I had some problems setting my Slingbox SOLO up with the UPC Cisco EPC2425 wireless broadband router initially too. This was very helpful:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/EPC2425/SlingBox.htm

I'm now happily viewing my tv on my iPad :)
    Hi yea the EPC2425 A Terrible router your lucky to get anything working with it rigth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is an old thread.
    There is a current sticky thread.
    Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement