Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic Weather

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Any of you weather Guru's fancy giving me your forecast for Stradbally
    on the weekend please.

I'm really hoping for the best. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

bryaner wrote: »
    Any of you weather Guru's fancy giving me your forecast for Stradbally
    on the weekend please.

I'm really hoping for the best. Cheers

Really impossible to say at this stage but a slow breakdown over next weekend is forecast on the current models tonight. Might'n be too bad though but things should become more clear over the next few days.

This site should give us a fair idea closer the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well if its anything like the mud of last year,i say bring it on,great craic.:D

Looks a washout sat and sun but we'll see much closer to the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Cheers lads.

Latest model run has a trough approaching Stradbally late Saturday afternoon:

126324.jpg

leading onto a damp evening. Not to be taken as gospel though as there is a high degree of uncertainty regarding timing and intensity of this. Both Friday and Sunday are looking ok at this stage with more active systems being held back until late sunday or into monday.

Anyway, who cares, tis the music that really matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Good weather helps all the same.

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    Good weather helps all the same.

I guess it does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

T'is gonna be lovely.

Body n Soul here we come. :):):)

Best festival bar none.

Latest model run has a trough approaching Stradbally late Saturday afternoon

Latest run has the trough moving in over the area a little earlier on saturday bringing the risk of some showery rain from late morning onwards with the chance of the odd heavy burst, particulary later in the afternoon. Sunday may be on the cloudy sticky side ahead of a more active front; chance of some rain but worst may hold off until late in the evening or into monday morning.

M.T's forecast thread is the best source of updates for this weekend:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67814099#post67814099

Edit: Maybe Redsunset or Danno could give some insight as they are from the area and would have far more knowledge of the local climate of south Co. Laois than I! :o

Advertisement