Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being Over Taxed??

• 30-08-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

At 26000 euro I was being taxed 232.79 that brokedown to
    Tax 124.83
    PRSI EE 64.63
    Inc Levy 43.33

I just recently got my first raise to 28000 euro but seem to be getting taxed most of the raise. My new figure is 369.47.
    Tax 158.17
    PRSI EE 164.63
    Inc Levy 46.67

Can anyone tell me if these figures are correct and if so what has changed to change my tax so drastically. I am almost positive that the higher bracket is over 36000 so theres no way im even close to that. If anyone could offer there advise I would be really greatful,

thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I think you jumped up a PRSI bracket.

Happens me every time I get paid my quarterly bonus and salary in the same month.

I think the cut off is around 27000 gross per annum pro rata per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Once you go over 26K per annum, you pay health levy, you actually can have a worse net pay even though your gross goes up.

Advertisement