Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook 2007

Options
  • 30-08-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for some time now but today when I tried to load it up the following message appeared in a new window:

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window."

I had made no changes to the settings on my pc or in Outlook between yesterday and today.

I have tried to restart the computer but the issue is still there.

Could anyone please advise on how to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Warrior Monk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

The only thing I can suggest to be honest is a system restore.

Something has been changed without your knowledge.

Someone else may have a better suggestion but usually works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window."

If you Google this exact mesage then there are a lot of discussions on the subject which go into detail about how you might be able to sucessfully recover things without too much grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Open up a command prompt, browse to the folder MS Office is installed in and run 'outlook.exe /resetnavpane'. Usually sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Blowfish wrote: »
    Open up a command prompt, browse to the folder MS Office is installed in and run 'outlook.exe /resetnavpane'. Usually sorts it.

You can also use the above command from the "run" dialogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

also you may run Office Diagnostic if you have the 2007 office installed (not sure if is just Outlook installed)

• Advertisement
Advertisement