Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Redknapp "F*** Off"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Class. When was this? What station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd imagine he' pretty ****ed up hearing it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

And they wanted him to be the England manager :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Harry's the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

He is a wheeler dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

"Oh no Harry I didn't mean it like that!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Wheeler dealer hit with a ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Well articulated. Such a crass little man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Incredible to think that Jamie could overcome the setback of having Harry as a father to acquire - literally - the greatest vocabulary in the history of the universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crocked cockney spiv with a serious lack of class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wheeler and dealer. I can just imagine him going down to the market to a stall with a couple of players and haggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Oi 'Arry.....FACK OFFFFFF! :D

I do love the cockney accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

keane2097 wrote: »
    Incredible to think that Jamie could overcome the setback of having Harry as a father to acquire - literally - the greatest vocabulary in the history of the universe.

I actually burst out laughing when I read this. No idea why. hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

eZe^ wrote: »
    I actually burst out laughing when I read this. No idea why. hahahaha

Because it's a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

oh Harry, you scallywag!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This thread lacks a Harry as Del Boy jpeg. My kingdom for a jpeg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

"Oim a fackin' foo'buww managa"
    Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"Don't say that, I'm a f***ing football manager"

Christ, someone's got a bit of a self esteem problem eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ahhhh, i love Harry.... "No wonda ee's in da facking reserves!"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

T'riffic stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whimpering baby with upturned lip pic needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Funny, especially when you see the picture of him outside White Hart lane that evening...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPwLy_5yGB6R8J7IGEVfNyF1HyU4bD-Hm8VPYbbt9vMJw1SnA&t=1&usg=__4UG0becW6HQH5vrGDajo8z1-awY=

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

T'riffic stuff!

Lovely Jubbly:p

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If he didn't have anything to hide he wouldn't be so touchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

He looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Harry, pay your taxes and shut up.

And you are a wheeler dealer. What's more, if every club you've ever managed hadn't run themselves into the wall supporting your wheeler dealings, you wouldn't be enjoying anything close the ridiculously inflated pay packages that you get.

Speaking of which, pay your damn taxes!

Columbia wrote: »
    Harry, pay your taxes and shut up.

And you are a wheeler dealer. What's more, if every club you've ever managed hadn't run themselves into the wall supporting your wheeler dealings, you wouldn't be enjoying anything close the ridiculously inflated pay packages that you get.

Speaking of which, pay your damn taxes!
    He did take portsmouth to FA Cup glory tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

LOL, that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

And he picked the right time to leave the club because he knew they were going bust.

• Advertisement

Of course, smart man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

And his transfers took them to administration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

NickDrake wrote: »
    Class. When was this? What station?
    Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ha hilarious, what a joke of a man. 'wheeler dealer'. How the fook would he react if someone actually abused him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'm not a huge fan of Harry but i took pleasure in him telling the sky reporter to fuck off, the instant pathetic grovveling of the reporter afterwards is embarrasing.

Sky is filled from top to bottom with cretins who should be told to fuck off on a daily basis, ironically enough one of those cretins is 'arry's son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I presume this was live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

keane2097 wrote: »

Top, top post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

And his transfers took them to administration

This always annoys me a bit. A manager is not a qualified accountant. If he overspent, its the boards fault for giving him the money, not Harry's for asking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Not really sure why Harry got so upset. Whenever he's called a wheeler dealer, it's always in complimentary terms really.

Degag wrote: »
    Not really sure why Harry got so upset. Whenever he's called a wheeler dealer, it's always in complimentary terms really.

Yes but in fairness the media always calls him a "wheeler dealer" without calling him a good manager first and foremost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

"Don't worry, Crouchy. This time next year, we'll be millionaires! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭pavb2

http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/dp/0743440331/ref=pd_sim_b_39/188-4393216-2947521

Reminds me of this excellent book it says Harry likes to come across in public as liking nothing more than egg & chips (or jellied eels) in front of the tv with the "missus" when the reality is nearer to the VIP lounge, pink champagne & cuban cigars.

Allegedly

Book is shocking in it's revelations/allegations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

pavb2 wrote: »
    Reminds me of this excellent book it says Harry likes to come across in public as liking nothing more than egg & chips (or jellied eels) in front of the tv with the "missus" when the reality is nearer to the VIP lounge, pink champagne & cuban cigars.
    So what? Good luck to him. Book reeks of pandering to the 'salt' types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

'Arry, not a wheeler dealer, your 'avin a fackin larrrfff mate.

when is he due in court?

I'll admit I am a bitter Saints fan, but for their sake I hope Spurs have a very good accountant.

pavb2 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/dp/0743440331/ref=pd_sim_b_39/188-4393216-2947521

Allegedly

Book is shocking in it's revelations/allegations

Not sure of you listen to Off The Ball, but a few times they mentioned a book that really rips into arry. His dodge dealings etc. Any idea of this is the book?

carlop wrote: »
    This always annoys me a bit. A manager is not a qualified accountant. If he overspent, its the boards fault for giving him the money, not Harry's for asking for it.

Well this attitude always annoys me. You do not have to be a qualified accountant to know that a club with a tiny ground should not be handing out ridiculous money to the likes of the mercenaries that Redknapp bought. It is frankly ridiculous to wash the managers hands of problems in situations like that.

Nobody is asking him to compile the accounts, but a smidgen of common sense would not go amiss. Was it the boards fault when Harry asked for David Nugent and John Utaka and then never played them? There was money down the drain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Well this attitude always annoys me. You do not have to be a qualified accountant to know that a club with a tiny ground should not be handing out ridiculous money to the likes of the mercenaries that Redknapp bought. It is frankly ridiculous to wash the managers hands of problems in situations like that.

Nobody is asking him to compile the accounts, but a smidgen of common sense would not go amiss. Was it the boards fault when Harry asked for David Nugent and John Utaka and then never played them? There was money down the drain.

Every manager makes bad signings but ultimately any transfer would have required sanctioning from someone upstairs. They are the ones who look after the books. The manager's job is to succeed on the football pitch. If they keep getting money when they ask for it, why would they stop?

Ha,interview on ssn today and the interviewer goes to Harry "Is there any one player that you really really want?"
    And 'arry goes "Yeh well we've spoke to Lionel,but he's not sure,he says he really wants to play for Tottenham but he's not too sure about the weather"
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Imagine his reaction if somebody told him the actual truth. The actual truth being "Harry you have made your name as a tapping up cocksucker, who enjoys unsettling players contracted to other teams, and as a market flooder, who takes on players for no good reason other then to stop other teams getting them".

Cant stand the guy. His tax problems are the least of my worries.

carlop wrote: »
    Every manager makes bad signings but ultimately any transfer would have required sanctioning from someone upstairs. They are the ones who look after the books. The manager's job is to succeed on the football pitch. If they keep getting money when they ask for it, why would they stop?

It is more the continued, revolving door at Harry Redknapp run clubs. He regularly buys players that never see the light of day. He does deserve some of the blame when that happens. At Pompey he had more control than he has at Spurs. So some responsibility does lay at his feet.

I am very aware of the sanctioning they need from upstairs, I did not come down in the last shower. But it is wrong to absolve Harry of any blame. Plus there is more than a hint of dodgy dealings when Harry is nearby. Police raids tend not to happen for no reason.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Imagine his reaction if somebody told him the actual truth. The actual truth being "Harry you have made your name as a tapping up cocksucker, who enjoys unsettling players contracted to other teams, and as a market flooder, who takes on players for no good reason other then to stop other teams getting them".

Cant stand the guy.His tax problems are the least of my worries.

And so they should be

• Advertisement
Advertisement