Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A7X in the Olympia 8/11/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Wooooo! cant wait! :D Like them a lot more now since their new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Poor Portnoy :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd consider going to see how Portnoy is on the drums for them live. Don't like Stone Sour much though. Monday would be an awkward day though if I'm in college..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Poor Portnoy :(
    He did just record an album with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Max Power1 wrote: »
    He did just record an album with them!

I know, what a waste of talent.

• Advertisement

I know, what a waste of talent.
    Funny. I remember there being a massive anti A7X thread on here about 12-18 months ago. At that time, I was totally anti A7X, and lambasted more than one or two posters for listening to "poser sh!te" music, as I believe I called it.

Do you know what I did in the meantime? LISTENED TO THEIR ALBUMS.

Especially the 1st album, "sounding the 7th trumpet" which is actually a good album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Funny. I remember there being a massive anti A7X thread on here about 12-18 months ago. At that time, I was totally anti A7X, and lambasted more than one or two posters for listening to "poser sh!te" music, as I believe I called it.

Especially the 1st album, "sounding the 7th trumpet" which is actually a good album.

Yeah that was a great album, but they have changed soooooooo much since then. all in a bad way.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Yeah that was a great album, but they have changed soooooooo much since then. all in a bad way.
    They have gotten less "metal" and more catchy rock, which I also like.

They are also really good at catchy rock songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I cant believe im saying this... But i will willingly pay money to see Avenged Sevenfold.. Obviously i'll have my Dream Theater t-shirt on, and a massive banner saying "Mike bring DT back to Dublin"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

MCRUSTY(MCD) said on their facebook that 'Stone Sour wont be supporting on the night,'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Can't wait for this, should be a good show. I really don't understand all the hatred for these guys though. Try looking past their image and listening to the music, they're actually pretty talented, and as someone else pointed out, they know how to write a good catchy rock song. Portnoy obviously rates them too, and you can't say he doesn't know his stuff! Yeah, ok, they changed their style a lot since their first two albums but change isn't always a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

I really cant believe how much you have changed your tune. Fair play to you for actually giving them a listen and finding out you actually liked them instead of just giving out without ever listening to them. Im sure I was one of the posters you gave out to haha I lost that account after the password change.

I can't wait for this gig really. Still havent listened to Nightmare yet, only heard the single, which to be honest I was a bit dissapointed with but it's probably a grower.

But yeah don't think Stone Sour will be playing cause it's a different tour to that one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MCRUSTY(MCD) said on their facebook that 'Stone Sour wont be supporting on the night,'

They had them as support on the A7X banner on MCD.ie a few days ago but was taken down the following morning. Although i remember they originally had BSC to support Lynrd Skynard earlier this year but in the end they didnt support them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Wish i was going to this but might not make it seens as its a Monday. Class band live. Pity Stone Sour aren't supporting or headlining a gig with them.

Really don't understand the haters of A7X. They are just a band that write good music that they seem to have a passion for. I think they are a pretty unique band too as it's hard to find another band that sounds like them. They are also highly rated by Metallica, G'N'R (including Slash in that) and loads of other top Rock/Metal bands. Thats why it makes me laugh when you hear Metallica fans etc.... slating them purely because they've been successful world wide. They have a pretty die hard fan base that have supported them for years and had 2 excellent albums out before their music went mainstream so its not like they where an over night success. Have had a few mates tell me they are absolutely ****e having heard 1 or 2 songs at the most. It's amazing how critical people can be of something they know nothing about.

The new album is a real grower. At first listen i wasn't too impressed but the more i got into it the more i loved it. A bit more slow stuff than usual (kind of expected with the death of a close friend and band member) but a few heavier tracks thrown in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

Doesnt look like its A7X with Stone Sour...just check their tour pages.

A7X http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/shows?page=1
    Stone Sour http://www.stonesour.com/tourdates

**** buzz :(

ciaburkie wrote: »

Good, I actually dont really like stone sour tbh, only put that up as it was in the linked pic!

ciaburkie wrote: »

SS still have the 8th of Nov free

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't wait for this, should be a good show. I really don't understand all the hatred for these guys though. Try looking past their image and listening to the music, they're actually pretty talented, and as someone else pointed out, they know how to write a good catchy rock song. Portnoy obviously rates them too, and you can't say he doesn't know his stuff! Yeah, ok, they changed their style a lot since their first two albums but change isn't always a bad thing.

I've always hated them, bar two or three songs (Bat cOuntry, B&TH, now kinda like Nightmare). They are still woeful, especially live, which I've unfortunately encountered too much.
    I cant believe im saying this... But i will willingly pay money to see Avenged Sevenfold.. Obviously i'll have my Dream Theater t-shirt on, and a massive banner saying "Mike bring DT back to Dublin"

Was thinking of going mainly to see MP play again, may just try meet him at venue though as its the Olympia. If I had gone, that sign would've been mine:p

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

standing sold out before 10am...

:(

Got my standing ticket when they went onsale this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

AlanFurl wrote: »
    standing sold out before 10am...

:(

I know, im absolutely sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

circle sold out as well. upper circle be ****e so not paying mcd for a **** seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

Tom Araya from Slayer was asked to listen to them in an interview and he told the guy to turn the **** off lol. They weren't exactly his cup of tea. They do have some great guitar riffs in fairness tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brian010 wrote: »
    Tom Araya from Slayer was asked to listen to them in an interview and he told the guy to turn the **** off lol. They weren't exactly his cup of tea. They do have some great guitar riffs in fairness tho.

I'd say the exact same about his band just as quickly haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say the exact same about his band just as quickly haha!

Slayer have some legendary music from way back when but they have churned out some seriously questionable albums recently. Although they didn't change their style to go completely mainstream like A7X!! :p

Looks like its sold out. :( I can't get any tickets to come up on ticketmaster

wonder if with the demand would they do an extra gig?

Whiplash wrote: »
    wonder if with the demand would they do an extra gig?

I severely hope so. I hate being indecisive haha

i think mcd would welcome a protest for an extra avenged gig. make a change from all the refund requests from axl and chums

• Advertisement

they have a 3 day break between the dublin and germany gig so if the venue was available and the band up for it a second gig may just be possible

Advertisement