Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Main Restaurant

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

WOW!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I was in there today. Shure is purdy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

They did up the restaurant in the main building. Great job of it. Loads of new staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Are we talking about the Red Raisin where Subway and Starbucks went in last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

No, its up in Block E. In the main entrance [ski-slopes] and up 2 flights of stairs [on the left that is] and its there in front of you. It does look posh now alright.

I havent been into it fully yet, as it wasnt open the other day when I passed, but I had a good peek inside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Ah yeah yeah. I didn´t know that was there until May exams this year.
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    The Red Raisin could do with a revamp though,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mossin wrote: »
    No, its up in Block E. In the main entrance [ski-slopes] and up 2 flights of stairs [on the left that is] and its there in front of you. It does look posh now alright.

I havent been into it fully yet, as it wasnt open the other day when I passed, but I had a good peek inside it.
    I passed up there yesterday, looks good alright. Food for €3.99! Might try it out sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hope the food is nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Desserts are gone up to €2. That is a 33% increase. Think I'll be bringing my own from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hope the food is nicer.

Sadly I can confirm that the food is still shite.

It's a bit swankier but essentially the same layout. All for the best but I won't be frequenting the place til they step up to the mark with the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I thought the food was grand up there. Much better than before and definitely better than a lot of what you'd get in the stables or the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

ninty9er wrote: »
    I thought the food was grand up there. Much better than before and definitely better than a lot of what you'd get in the stables or the canteen.

+1. It's of a much higher standard.

I associate the old place with exams; I remember cramming in there the morning before a Law exam in 2nd year. Bad times...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

Although the food does appear cheap, when you start to add up with makes up the meal it'd really not worth the money. Like the other readers I'd love to see them get their act together on the food, it's simply not worth the money. Only place on campus to charge for butter etc. Paddocks for the best value, if you want a cheap and decent meal, just cook it at home!

Hopefully the grub is a bit better now that the desert has gone up to 2 euro! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

For the vegetarian no change in size of portions.

The dessert was the same also. Thin slice of apple tart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Looks like they have doubled their numbers since they have done it up. Way more people eating there now.

Food has improved and it looks good too.

But can we expect An Focail to give it a bad review to help get the numbers back into the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

NickDrake wrote: »

But can we expect An Focail to give it a bad review to help get the numbers back into the shop?

No.

I've found they stop serving food very early and never have any hot chicken rolls left..or the capacity to make them at 3pm. Odd. For that reason I've no choice but to go to the shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Agreed; their strategy puzzles me; afaik they serve breakfast from 7 and then dinners from 12 but finish at 2.30 only to start again at 5 til 7.

Strange and annoying for me cos I always seem to find myself ambling in there between 3-4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Good food, tiny portions, ignorant staff.

Advertisement