Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The John Murray Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But it's funny!!:P

We'll have to agree to disagree on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

And he pulls no punches when interviewing his old FG collegues!

Once FG, always FG - he'll never be entirely unbiased when it comes to political discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's shocking how nonchalantly this guy can describe attacking someone with a machete. Pissing me off how he's sort of linking sex abuse with his life of crime. Plenty of people are abused and don't turn out like him. Excuses excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

I tuned in by accident and for a second I thought it was Brendan Grace! :eek:

Journalist me hole, more like a scumbag with scumbag contacts who supply him with info for his scumbag paper.

sudzs wrote: »
    I tuned in by accident and for a second I thought it was Brendan Grace! :eek:

Journalist me hole, more like a scumbag with scumbag contacts who supply him with info for his scumbag paper.
    And the mother letting on now that she knew nothing about her son being in trouble. Funnily enough the first time she found out she knew all about his rights in terms of arrestation and constitutional rights.
    Major accusation against the gardai there too!

Major accusation against the gardai there too!

Poor John nearly fainted!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

They have such selective memories, how convenient.

sudzs wrote: »
    Poor John nearly fainted!!! :D
    EXPUNGE, EXPUNGE! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Twas a great answer though,

'Where do you work?'

'The Burlington Hotel'

'Inside or outside?'

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I really like John Murray, and his show, for the most part. But I HATE that bit of 'humour' he always starts the show off with. It's nothing but stupidity dressed up with a punchline for the most part. I generally have to turn the radio off for the first two minutes of the show rather than gritting my teeth through it. He's a lovely man, but whoever told him he was a comedian did him no service whatsoever.

Who is this criminal on now, I have only just tuned in.

"..and people I stabbed, and stuff"

:rolleyes:

This scumbag has no remorse, it won't end well for him.

my friend wrote: »
    The mother is nearly as bad.

Ja no wha a mean

"My mother might be embarrassed by me talking about such a sensitive subject". Oh cos she's not embarrassed by the stabbing and violence and alcoholism?

• Advertisement

The mother is nearly as bad.

Yep, I can see where the apple fell from.

And so it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Does John Murray ever interview somebody with a happy story... Do ALL his interviewees have to be manic depressives..

Idiot mother

"My mother might be embarrassed by me talking about such a sensitive subject". Oh cos she's not embarrassed by the stabbing and violence and alcoholism?

And the prostitution, without a condom.

And the same woman talks about how she's embarrassed by what the neighbours think. That seems to be all she's embarrassed about.

• Advertisement

Ja no wha a mean

Je no worri mean.... will you at least quote him right if you're gonna quote him.. :pac:

And she believes things are decided for you. Great way to wash your hands of all personal responsibility.

Ah shur it's all a big laugh..

Just found an interview with Alan Croghan from an RTE documentary... Keep an eye out for John Lonergan sharing out the sweets at the start of the piece.

Apparently he had another book "Disorganised Crime" which was out in 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Opinion will change if he drops the comedy intro :pac:

The only people who should have to suffer john Murray's humour are his family. But rte give him the comedy slot. Now George lee who got john Murray's job is reporting on agriculture. I guess rte will never run out of square pegs to put in round holes.

Ah the auld chestnut "We do death well in Ireland compared with some other countries". :rolleyes:
    Of course all other countries don't give a **** about their dead. Yep. Aren't we all great.

Right, that whispering thing is about to make me violent..

Wow, Michael is making a hell of an allegation there saying RTE discriminated against him because he's "LGBT"!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DownBeaten

Wow, Michael is making a hell of an allegation there saying RTE discriminated against him because he's "LGBT"!

Check the date!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

DownBeaten wrote: »
    Check the date!!! :rolleyes:
    Ah so the whole story was a hoax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ah so the whole story was a hoax?

I wish it wasn't a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Comedy sketch on at the top of the show today about phone tapping.
    Murray's agent rings to tell him he asked Madonna to appear on the show and she said "Not the John fu**** Murray show"
    So Murray says "Who'd you get instead"
    The agent says "Foster & Allen"
    Murray says " Ah not Foster & fu**** Allen"
    End of sketch.
    Laugh.....I nearly started:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Comedy sketch on at the top of the show today about phone tapping.
    Murray's agent rings to tell him he asked Madonna to appear on the show and she said "Not the John fu**** Murray show"
    So Murray says "Who'd you get instead"
    The agent says "Foster & Allen"
    Murray says " Ah not Foster & fu**** Allen"
    End of sketch.
    Laugh.....I nearly started:(
    That sketch was a new low for this show

I'm not sure that's part of the sketch.

"Mickey Rooney seems to have packed it in".
    That's the most sensitive way to say someone has died I've heard in a long time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Just heard The John Murray show...... the best ever ! why ? well I turned on the radio and heard "The John Murray show sponsored by......and then the 10 o'clock news headlines started perfect timing , now wheres that cd I just bought.
    :D

Status Quo didnt write Rocking All Over The World.. Do your research..

Really thought that was overkill on Peaches Geldof this morning. And that minister lady talking about loss for ten minutes afterwards? I thought it was all a bit gruesome to be honest. He would have been more appropriate talking about the lady who got hit by the Luas.

I think I prefer it when he's making sh*te jokes at the start of each show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Which minister was that? I thought she sounded like a nun.

I suppose SOR will get another hour out of it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Which minister was that? I thought she sounded like a nun.

I suppose SOR will get another hour out of it.

She was a COI Reverend from somewhere in Dublin I think. I missed out on a lot of it as I had closed over the door at that stage so I couldn't hear the radio, it was annoying me that much.

She was a COI Reverend from somewhere in Dublin I think. I missed out on a lot of it as I had closed over the door at that stage so I couldn't hear the radio, it was annoying me that much.

I was kinda half right then. Ta.

JM doing Joan Burton impersonations at the top of the show.
    Jesus.:eek:

I was listening in the car on the way to Athlone yesterday, turned over to JM Show while there was a break in Newstalk Breakfast..... "So I kissed her good night John, and when she woke up the next morning the nurse said that she was after having a stroke"..... :(

I thought the reason to have a NON political show between Morning Ireland and Pat Kenny's old show was to have a bit of light entertainment.. He's either talking about depression, talking about depressing subjects, or he's out with depression himself.. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I was listening in the car on the way to Athlone yesterday, turned over to JM Show while there was a break in Newstalk Breakfast..... "So I kissed her good night John, and when she woke up the next morning the nurse said that she was after having a stroke"..... :(

I thought the reason to have a NON political show between Morning Ireland and Pat Kenny's old show was to have a bit of light entertainment.. He's either talking about depression, talking about depressing subjects, or he's out with depression himself.. !
    I don't think that the programme has a light entertainment brief in the sense that it is limited to fluffy or amusing content. So far as I can see, the brief is to fill a time slot with talk radio that does not intrude greatly on the ground normally covered by Morning Ireland or by Today with Sean O'Rourke. I imagine that the major item on every agenda of production meetings is to find something, anything, that won't upset the schedule neighbours.

It's unkind to have a swipe at John Murray for having been ill.

• Advertisement

Could they not discuss kids without having a rake of noisy ones in the studio? I get enough of that at home!

There was nobody in the canteen this morning so he went to the creche for material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Lovely to hear Jon O'Brien from Catholics for Choice on, talking sense and compassion.

She's not still together with her husband? Could she not just have got him to go around the house shouting "chunky monkey" when they were having a row..?

These "Who's in the tent with me" clips are dreadful....

• Advertisement
Advertisement