Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke scope

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    I was offered a Hawke MAP6 scope & am thinking bout mating it with a .22LR. Had a quick look thru it & thought the picture was fairly crisp & it looks to be a compact sized scope.

So what I'm asking is has anybody used this combo & what are your opinions.

Thanx,
    Lefty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/riflescopes/reticles/map.php

Have a look at this link............

Was thinking of a MAP8 myself apparently they do what they claim?

Hawke scopes are good value for money for the distances you'll use a .22lr at to hunt with IMO. Target shooting is a different kettle of fish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If you'll be shooting under a lamp or in low light conditions and you're not in a hurry I'd be tempted to wait and try it as it's getting dark. Most scopes look good on Summer days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Lads thanx for the advice, duly noted. A friend had 1 on a semi auto a while back & he was happy enough with it
    Its hard not to have a look when something is free

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

I've used a MAP6 on a .22 and a .308 and the only problem I had was that it took time for the adjustments to bed in. To start with I'd be winding on windage with no change in POI then all the adjustment would seem to kick in all at once. I reckon it was good value for money and if you're getting it free grab it with both hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

sfakiaman wrote: »
    I've used a MAP6 on a .22 and a .308 and the only problem I had was that it took time for the adjustments to bed in. To start with I'd be winding on windage with no change in POI then all the adjustment would seem to kick in all at once. I reckon it was good value for money and if you're getting it free grab it with both hands.

PMSL:D Adj with timing :D

Like a bad trigger, like trying to pull a sock through a hedge (never know when it was going to break)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

When you had it mounted what was it like to hold zero? What range did you have it zeroed on the .22?
    Meant to reply sooner but the combining took precedence:)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

It's holding zero fine now. I've zeroed it at 75 yds which gives 1/4 inch high at 25yds, 3/4inch high at 50yds, 0 at 75yds, 2inch low at 90yds and 4 inch low at 100yds with subs. These figures will vary with the actual ammo used but gives a guideline. Hawke have a ballistic calculator you can download from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Gently tap your scope turrets with the broad side of penknife handle or a car key or something...have know that type of manipulation to make adjustments fall into place...you don't have to wait for the recoil of a few shots to do the job for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TheCZkid

does anyone know anything about the hawke map pro 4-16x50.
    i was thinking of getting one for my .22

Advertisement