Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Tom Tom Irl on iPhone 4

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I have seen the new tom tom maps on a friends iphone 4 and was rather impressed.

It had the new tunnel toll road in limerick on it.

But on the journey incl backroads from Ennis to Limerick the car icon on the map would vere off the road on several occasions. Even at the new road for the tunnel at the radison it showed the car going in the old road for a long while even though we were on the new tunnel road.

The phone was in a craddle on the windscreen so is the issue a tomtom map issue (i remember this type of thing years ago on an old tomtom. Or is it the GPS module in the iphone.

I have 3gs and wonder if it has the same issue on the map.

Didnt try on google maps at the time.

D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It was an issue in a lot of rural areas. But I have not seen this much since v840. Do you know what map was being used?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Twas only a few weeks old.

8.5 I think...

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

koolkid wrote: »
    It was an issue in a lot of rural areas. But I have not seen this much since v840. Do you know what map was being used?

If it had the Shannon Tunnell, it's brand spanking new.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have not seen those issues on 850.
    It may be a reception problem.

Advertisement