Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seven Modules Semester One

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Basically is doing seven modules in one semester worth it? I know its only one extra than the norm but, given that I will be in final year, I don't want to end up way over my head come Xmas exams and end up screwing my final GPA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

What is the reason for you wanting to do the 7 modules? I'm going into 4th year of comp sci and have 9 modules on top of my project. I'm doing it in a 5+4 set-up because I don't want to be overworked and want to still have time to work on the project. Do you do 12 modules or is it the same as me with your project/thesis being worth 15 credits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 HoldOnTight

Have no project/thesis but I do have a 10 credit module in semester 2 so will have 11 modules in total (one 10 credit plus ten 5 credit). No real reason for the seven modules in one semester other than the majority of the option modules (final year commerce international) that appeal to me are on in the first semester. So if I do the seven modules it would be looking like 7 modules first semester, 4 modules second semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Well personally i think I would sacrifice one of your preferred options and split it up as the workload of the seven modules would be pretty heavy, the one up side of this is that you will have a lot of extra time in the second semester to work on your 10 credit module. I had a really bad second year, so in 3rd year i ended up doing 16 modules in total....yeah...I did well in everything but it was so much work which is why I would advise you to even out your modules, as I had 10 in the first semester of 3rd year. But of course there is a big difference between 7 and 10 so it's just a matter of whether you think you can put in the work. It's hard to tell really because I don't know you so its a matter of personal preference I think. Good luck anyway :)

Advertisement