Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The search for new players.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just make it a giant picture of Cammy's giant arse.

I'd show up for that tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

You could make an advertisment using this scene :P

BTW it's NSFW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5DnJnsSk0

It'd get you all the members yuo wanted :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

When you get this sorted, send some of this promotional stuff my way. I'll put it up in the AIT here in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's not only completely new players that are needed but a way to attract those who have seen what it's about. Even from the Munster league perspective, there was a couple of players only seen the once (often a friend of a friend who was dragged along)...I'm sure Inferno has seen the same.

Need to find out why they may be less interested or what may entice them to come back and try their luck. A skill gap is of course going to put some people off but there may be other factors.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It's not only completely new players that are needed but a way to attract those who have seen what it's about. Even from the Munster league perspective, there was a couple of players only seen the once (often a friend of a friend who was dragged along)...I'm sure Inferno has seen the same.

Need to find out why they may be less interested or what may entice them to come back and try their luck. A skill gap is of course going to put some people off but there may be other factors.

I have always wanted to know this stuff. Unfortunately it's very hard to find out why people don't come again.

On the day people seem to have a good time but then we don't see them again and they don't get involved in the discussions. It could be that the discussions are too big already by the time it comes up. Maybe a new thread for new people to vent and talk would be an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Play the "Guess the connection" game :D Someone usually knows someone else.

MunsterSuperLeague:
    Generic_name knew Delv3r
    Robbknoll brought Darren to last session
    Luke & Vaughn came with Matt (who unfortunately missed the last couple of sessions and slipped to 3rd) I believe
    Light Scallion (Rickimon) is D4RK ONION's bro so is likely to come to other things.

But will have to ask some of the lads if there is any feedback...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Doesn't always work that way. We've had a fair few that have come to Inferno once and never shown up again. These guys have no connection and have shown up at the events because of the forum/website/facebook.

We have also had people that post here once, looking for a stick is an example, but then don't get involved in the forum and don't come to meets.

We can't do something for all these people but I'm sure there's one or two out of them that we could do something to get them more involved.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sometimes people might just try it once and just not enjoy it.

I'd say some people are sore from the beatings they get in groups. If' I had a fiver for each person who told me they're quietly confident because they beat ALL their friends and pwn online, I'd have about €27.50. If that happened to me, and cost me 15 quid, I'm not sure I'd be in too much of a hurry to come back.

It's not like you can ask Azza et al to go easy on these people. Not when it costs to enter and there's money on the line. All we can do is suggest they come to the casuals and get to know whats what. You don't get the money/ games ratio at tournaments you do at casuals, especially if you get knocked out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ha, I was always one of those guys but I'd followed enough tournaments and the like to know I was the big fish in the small pond (except Melee, was a fierce man at Melee lol).

I only know a couple guys who would casually play FGs the odd time, funilly enough the one who usually comes along with me to tournaments (also a Melee man) has fared much better than me in the last few I entered.

Will have to prod him into practicing with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Light Scallion (Rickimon) is D4RK ONION's bro so is likely to come to other things.

Haha, i love that handle! Clever. It's up there with Ken-A, B-trak and liquid shields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Dunno about others But in Delver's case its because he doesnt actually have an xbox and only plays it at mine. I might be getting the 250GB soon enough though in which case I'd be giving him my one. Darren is well up for playing. hoping to get casuals going this weekend and he's off that day so should be going. me and rob have been forcing the game down staff's throats at work and 3 including darren have picked up the game and sticks lately so hoping they get them into the game if I can make them go to casuals. Just hard because we all work together so we'll all never be able to attend casuals at once unless it was in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    Haha, i love that handle! Clever. It's up there with Ken-A, B-trak and liquid shields.

We'll soon have enough brothers only team tourney!:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

D4RK and L1GHT ONION :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Hey any update on this or what? Theres a good few places in college where i could pin um up etc etc.
    except Melee, was a fierce man at Melee lol

A man of my own heart :)

Advertisement