Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is happening around Abbey Street?

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Gardai everywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Clearing the area of junkies?maybe somebody high up read the Sunday Independent yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Clearing the area of junkies?maybe somebody high up read the Sunday Independent yesterday

and maybe someone in the indo read/got their story from boards.ie.. wouldn't be the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

There were Gardai legging it toward the area at lunchtime. About 7/8 cars in the area too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Free doughnuts in the Epicurean Food Hall....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

and maybe someone in the indo read/got their story from boards.ie.. wouldn't be the first time.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tourists-run-the-daily-gauntlet-of-capitals-junkies-and-beggars-2316087.html

And also the fact that abbey street has Ana Liffey project on it, I feel embarrassed that tourists see Ireland as this 'city of junkies' but I also feel for the people who suffer addiction. One thing- methadone clinics which issue 'phy' etc don't facilitate poly-drug users and clearly the gvnt. couldn't giving a hoot about the drug users in the cities because they seem to encourage methadone as a treatment and it seems doctors running clinics etc are only too happy to give it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I was there in the middle of it dont know what was going on but there was Gradai with there guns drawn going into some building.
    I dint stick around to see what happened next :eek: Something big must of happened but cant see it in the news anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Taelated wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tourists-run-the-daily-gauntlet-of-capitals-junkies-and-beggars-2316087.html

And also the fact that abbey street has Ana Liffey project on it, I feel embarrassed that tourists see Ireland as this 'city of junkies' but I also feel for the people who suffer addiction. One thing- methadone clinics which issue 'phy' etc don't facilitate poly-drug users and clearly the gvnt. couldn't giving a hoot about the drug users in the cities because they seem to encourage methadone as a treatment and it seems doctors running clinics etc are only too happy to give it out!!

Other crime happens in this city that does NOT involve drug addicts..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Taelated wrote: »

Wrong thread. The "junkie" thread is over there >>>

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Some guy went into one of the travel agents and got abusive, When they tried to get hime to leave he said he had gun in his bag and said he was going to shoot everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

782378 wrote: »
    Some guy went into one of the travel agents and got abusive, When they tried to get hime to leave he said he had gun in his bag and said he was going to shoot everyone.

This first-hand or from a news site?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

782378 wrote: »

I know how he feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

That is first hand, I know somebody working there!

I heard it was on the fm 104 news also but didn't hear it myself.

Advertisement